Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
m  
#1 Posted : 20 September 2011 12:43:35(UTC)
m

I know it's not Friday but have a look at this and see if you like it:

http://www.talkphotograp.../showthread.php?t=353133
firesafety101  
#2 Posted : 20 September 2011 17:13:05(UTC)
firesafety101

Now that's what you call a "FIRE" risk assessment.

I hope the alarm is not a shout of "FIRE"?
jarsmith83  
#3 Posted : 20 September 2011 18:43:01(UTC)
jarsmith83

m - That`s a great picture! I may have to use that for training. It`s good to some some humor on this forum.
Hally  
#4 Posted : 21 September 2011 10:14:33(UTC)
Hally

I must remember to post at least one picture from last year or this years trip to La Merce festival in Barcelona (going out tomorrow on my overpriced £49 return flight...).

Blunderbuss guns fired at the start of 'correfoc' event (youtube it you won't be disapointed with the correfoc ;))

Earplugs are recommended as well as a hat, glasses or goggles and preferaby cotton based clothing so it doesn't burn or at least hands over the ears, believe me it was bloody loud, and then its fireworks twirling on sticks down the street which then burn out and bang.

I got hit by one last year and had a burn mark for about half a year...but still great fun to get involved in. Obviously had beer and red wine for medicinal purposes.

Rumours are the EU want to stop it...the HSE would have given a prohibition notice years ago for that and the castellers (human towers and no work at height regulations)
Terry556  
#5 Posted : 21 September 2011 10:22:06(UTC)
Terry556

Great bit of humour, thats what is needed sometimes,
Ron Hunter  
#6 Posted : 21 September 2011 22:33:16(UTC)
Ron Hunter

Odd final place of safety -corner or a castle turret?
rockybalboa  
#7 Posted : 22 September 2011 08:51:43(UTC)
rockybalboa

.... I don't get it? :/
HSSnail  
#8 Posted : 22 September 2011 11:38:01(UTC)
HSSnail

rockybalboa

have to say I don't understand the adulation its receiving hardly raised a smile with me
Graham Bullough  
#9 Posted : 26 September 2011 17:34:06(UTC)
Graham Bullough

The content of the photo shown in the quoted link is best described as a bit of mild wry humour.

Anyhow, rumour has it that the person who specified the location for the fire muster area next to the old cannon got fired! Furthermore, he was apparently deemed not to be of adequate calibre for the job!

No apologies from me for sharing a bit of humour even though today is a Monday. Friday might be the traditional day for some humour on this forum, but there's evidently no IOSH ruling or edict which forbids humour on other days.

Am getting used to being back at work after an extended week on holiday in North West Scotland. Had some good days mountain walking and scrambling, despite some heavy rain and strong winds at times. Believe it or not, the name of the TV presenter who announced the impending strong winds was Gail !
HSSnail  
#10 Posted : 27 September 2011 08:06:03(UTC)
HSSnail

Graham said:
Anyhow, rumour has it that the person who specified the location for the fire muster area next to the old cannon got fired! Furthermore, he was apparently deemed not to be of adequate calibre for the job!

Now thats funny thanks Graham