Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 22 November 2001 11:00:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Matthew Addison
I am currently studying for the NEBOSH general certificate which I plan to sit in March 2002.

For the past five years I have worked for Esso Petroleum as an Operations Assistant in their Safety, Health and Environment group that is responsible for all SHE issues associated with the operation of their Supply and Distribution network and have built up a strong understanding of the management systems and issues invovled with running a safe operation. In particular I was responsible for the development and implementation of an effective COSHH system that included the introduction of a user friendly 'front end' to communicate the hazards associated with common workplace chemicals to employees.

Part of my work also involved the development of an intranet site to disseminate information on SHE issues to interested parties across the country and to track recomendations arising from incident reports. I have recently taken this a stage further by working for Watson Wyatt Worldwide (a firm of financial consultants) to design and deliver extranets to their clients. This has allowed me to build on my project management, personal organisation and presentational skills as well as allowing me to build a good understanding of the capabilities of effective web communications.

My aim is use my experience and skills to contribute to the Health and Safety arena as a safety professional long term and I plan to study for the NEBOSH diploma after passing the certificate course. I have two questions based on the above:

1. Would anyone care to comment on the current employment market for someone with my background and skills?

2. Does anyone have an opportunity at present for someone with my aims and abilities?

I am based in the South East and would welcome any comments.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 26 November 2001 17:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By peter gotch
Matthew,

Your email address does not seem to be working.

Please could you give me a ring or email me at peter.gotch@babtie.com.

Might be able to find you a post linked to those advertised at my "London Eye" posting a few messages down this forum.

Regards, Peter