Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 31 January 2003 00:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By cara wilson Ive recently graduated in BSc(hons) Environmental Risk Management and yes I haven't got years of work experience - like everyone seems to be after, but am willing to work hard and learn. Is a degree not proof of this?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 31 January 2003 08:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Helen Cara, I was in the same position. Although i found that i gained much more information from working experience, than from the actual degree. You can learn all of the theory, but actually putting it into practice is a different matter. i would try looking for a position as an assistant, gaining experience and knowledge from someone who has been in the field for some years.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 03 March 2003 13:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Foster Cara, I have a position that may be of interest to you in which I am looking for a self motivated individual to work with me / challenge our current HSE systems with a view to developing systems and processes to manage up to £600m turn over. I am looking for an indivudual who understands HSE issues rather than has experience in their application within the field. The post is based in the North West within the Service Sector (BT, Broadband, Gas, Electric, Water, Sewers, Building Maintenance, Local Authorities, Hospital Authorities). If the post is of interest to you please contact me in the first instance via e-mail david.foster@enterprise.plc.uk Regards, Dave