Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 17 March 2003 19:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Clay Does anyone have any advice for me as I am wanting to start a small business risk assessing small businesses. Any adsvice on insurance or where to get advice please. I am 37.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 18 March 2003 18:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne Ian, Firstly, if you are intending to go self employed then you really need to broaden your range of services. I have just taken the jump from full time employment into a self employed situation and to be perfectly honest very little of the work coming through is solely risk assessment. Secondly, if you are looking for professional indemnity insurance then you will need to prove a level of competence to the underwriters. I have just obtained £1,000,000 worth of cover for about £700 per annum. You need to take stock of what your capabilities are then consider who might be in need of your services. If you want a private chat about this matter then e-mail me direct and I will then e-mail you a contact telephone number. Regards, Paul Craythorne