Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 28 May 2003 12:33:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Stuart Beaumont
A vacancy has arisen for a NEBOSH (min part 1) qualified dynamic safety professional with knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 to integrate within an established SHE Team. We are not a typical SHE Team and are involved in a variety of activities which includes providing consultancy services to large blue chip clients, predominatly Planning Supervision at the moment, although with the intention to expand the service offer.

The company is one of the leading refurbishment contractors in the UK which provides the complete service offer from Design through to Facilities Management.

The position will be based in Cheshire although you will be expected to visit projects throughout the UK.

If you are a proactive forward thinking Safety Professional we would like to hear from you. Please forward you CV and covering letter identifying your salary expectations and benefits package to sbeaumont@stylesandwood.co.uk

Admin  
#2 Posted : 26 June 2003 22:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By paul baker

Dear Sir,
I believe that I am a suitable candidate for this job. Health and Safety has always been my main interest in all previous employment. To this day, I have endeavoured to attain both qualifications and experience in all aspects of this subject.
Currently, I am completing the Nottingham Trent Diploma in Health, Safety and Environmental Management. In addition, I hold a Hygiene Certificate and am a qualified First Aider.
I am an experienced communicator and teacher. I currently lecture at Deeside Collage in Fire and Safety.
I am also a good listener, who can act upon information received. I have good problem solving skills and am computer literate.
In my eighteen years as a Fire Officer and five years as a Health and Safety Consultant in a Pharmaceutical Company, I dealt with fire safety and health safety in all types of environments. I have learned to work productively and effectively use my initiative, as part of a team or independently, whichever the situation called for. This has given me good leadership, motivational and man management skills. I am also aware of the importance of seeing a job through to its conclusion.
My most important attributes are that I am honest, reliable and a good timekeeper. I have a current, full and clean Driving Licence. Outside of the working environment, my main interests are keeping fit, squash and photography.

Paul Baker.

8 Llys Gwyrdd, Green Road, Brymbo, LL11 5DX.

MOBILE NUMBER:- 07986024867 baker@paul1768.freeserve.co.uk

A conscientious person with an active and inquisitive mind who enjoys problem solving.
Observant and articulate, with a high level of self-discipline an determination to attain goals and targets.

Achievements
· Held the rank of Leading Fire-fighter and Sub-Station Officer.
· Completed three major qualifications in the Fire Service, within 3 years.
· Including the Fire Service Health and Safety equivalent to NEBOSH.
· Re-designed a doorway system, within the Clean Room of a Pharmaceutical Blue Chip Company, which prevented pedestrians from coming into contact with on coming forklift trucks.

Qualifications and Training
Vocational Qualifications
· Teach part time at Deeside College
· Taught fire prevention to new recruits and senior members of staff.
· Taught fire legislation to members of professional bodies e.g. Ambulance Service,
Police Force and Legal professional.
· Fire Prevention within the fire service as part of my position as a Fire Officer.
· Worked as a member of the Fire Investigation team working closely with the Police Force
· HGV Drivers Licence EFAD. (Emergence Fire Service Advance Driver).
· Studied NEBOSH equivalent Health and Safety Courses within the Fire Service.
· Qualified First Aider.
· Set up my own tuition courses within the fire service which I used to demonstrate the importance of Fire, Health and Safety awareness in every day life
· Achieved City and Guilds in Photography, within a 12-month period on a 3-year. Course.

IT Applications:
Computer literate, experienced with Excel, Word Processing, spreadsheets, database, Photoshop 4 & 6, graphics and MFG Pro.

Career Summary

PRESENT POSITION, (2002-2003).
I am at present lecturing part time in Deeside College in Health and Safety,
I am studying at the Wirral Metropolitan College, for the Diploma in Safety, Health and Environmental Management, even though I have the equivalent Qualification through the Fire Service I feel that this course an important one.
· Diploma 04/02/2003

Health and Safety Officer. (1997-2002).
Betts UK Ltd, (Courtaulds Packaging), Wrexham

· Carrying out Fire Risk Assessment.
· Carrying out Stress Risk Assessment
· Environmental monitoring (air quality, noise etc)
· Training of Temporary staff in means of escape, fire awareness and Health and
Safety.
· Conducting Fire drills.
· Training in confined spaces

Virgin Airway, (1996 -1997).
Fire and Safety Consultant.
Providing advice/instruction in fire prevention and safety aspects of buildings. Visiting external agencies/employers linked with the aeronautical industry. Travelling throughout the U.K.

North Wales Fire Service, (1978-1996).
Fire Fighter, Multi skilled Fire Officer duties included
· Teaching Fire-Fighting and Fire Prevention to outside Companies
· Provision of Health and Safety.
· Investigation of accidents within the Fire Service
· Investigation of incidents that the Fire Service responded too.
· Health, Safety and Fire Inspection.
· Auditing.
· Liaison with HSE, Environment Health and Police.
· Training - Fire Prevention, Fire Legislation.
· Risk Assessment.