Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 29 September 2003 11:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Baz Broomhead I am still looking to start a new career within the Health and Safety profession. I just completed 22 years in the Military as a Mechanical engineer.Part of my remit was being the Health and Safety representative where I was responsible for carrying out risk assesments & formulating safe working practices. In that time I have passed my safely course for managers course and NEBOSH General certificate at Distiction.I am currently waitng for the reults of the Construction Cert Course. I have attended Environmental courses & also have experience of auditing in an ISO 9002 environment. I am a reliable, highly motivated individual who is willing to take on new challenges. I currently live in the North Hants Berks area, willing to travel and would consider any type of H & S position. For further information & a copy of my CV e-mail:baz@broomheadh.freeserve.co.uk many thanks for reading Baz
Admin  
#2 Posted : 30 September 2003 13:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Baz Broomhead Just recieved results from Construction Cert course. Pass Baz
Admin  
#3 Posted : 30 September 2003 14:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Lee Its difficult not knowing where you live and or where you are prepared to work. I assume you get the SHP thats where the majority of jobs are. PS you can now join the IIRSM as a full member with your Construction Certificate, (I'll get me coat.)
Admin  
#4 Posted : 01 October 2003 09:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Baz Broomhead HI Peter, I live in Basingstoke, but as I said in my original post I would be willing to travel/relocate for the right position. I have applied for positions in SHP & am chasing the agencies daily. I'm getting interviews but no firm offers as yet. I suppose now i've passed the construction cert I may have a bit more luck. Do you have the details for IIRSM. Cheers Baz
Admin  
#5 Posted : 01 October 2003 10:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Lee Hi Baz, Th International Institute of Risk and Safety Management have a website: http://www.iirsm.co.uk/ As I said you can join as a full member which for just over £1 a week gives you a monthly magazine and the post nominals MIIRSM. Good Luck in the job search.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 01 October 2003 11:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Baz Broomhead Thanks Peter. Baz
Admin  
#7 Posted : 02 October 2003 17:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Baz Broomhead Have been offered a position this afternoon, starts Monday. No more Tricia in the mornings, DIY, ringing agencies, bummer!! Baz
Admin  
#8 Posted : 02 October 2003 18:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter J Harvey Does that mean you record Tricia, do the DIY at weekends and get left loads of messages to contact agencies ?