Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 19 November 2003 10:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Karen O'Brien I have my NEBOSH General Certificate and I'm now studying towards the Part 1 Diploma. I have been actively seeking H&S jobs, but to no avail :-( Most people are asking for + years experience in a H&S field, which I don't have at this point in my career. I am self funding my course and I feel that I would gain much more if I was working within a H&S environment while studying towards my qualification and gaining the relevant job experience. Does anyone know of companies who would take any trainee or junior level people on with a view to train them on the job? I live in Glasgow, but I would consider relocating for the right job. Any advice would be most appreciated. Even if someone could look at my CV I would be very grateful Karen
Admin  
#2 Posted : 20 November 2003 12:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jason Gould Karen Good luck in your job search. Like you I am going to be doing dip 2 in jan and am desperatly seeking that position to gain experiance. Wish I picked plumming hehehehehe All the best Jason
Admin  
#3 Posted : 20 November 2003 15:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Michael Blair looks like we are all in the same boat at the moment. i'm studying to complete my MSc in safety management and am finding it really hard even to get a placement. if you find a willing company drop us a line good luck michael