Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 02 October 2007 06:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By PS Hello, I am looking for advice on the costs of living in Dubai from housing rent (3 bedrooms), schooling (2 children under 12 years old), car costs, utility bills etc. The reason I ask is that I have been offered £60k per annum and would like to know if I could comfortably live and save a few quid from the salary i've been offered. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 02 October 2007 07:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By FJ Whilst waiting a reply, If you do a "search" you will find this subject was answered in much detail quite recently (by "Wayne"?)
Admin  
#3 Posted : 02 October 2007 07:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sharon Example: A luxuriously finished three bed room apartment at Lamyya Tower, Location: Al Khan Majaz 3 Area, on a main road view. Complete amenities: swimming pool, gymnasium, sauna, and free parking. 75,000/- AED 75 000 United Arab Emirates dirhams = 10 065.6319 British pounds 2 bedrooms for: AED 55,000 http://www.bhomes.com/ http://www.primelocation.../dppr/p/PXCAE/l/Dubai%20(U.A.E.)/sr/r/
Admin  
#4 Posted : 02 October 2007 12:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chris D Hello, very expensive here im afraid. Who are you starting work for? 60k sounds very familiar? Housing - Cheapest in Dubai 3 bedroom will cost you around 23k to 30k - One cheque Schooling per child - Between 3500k and 6500k per year. Very expensive i pay 6300 per year for one child. Also getting into a school is very difficult. Contact me direct for more advice. Bils -DEWA - Electric & Water - Between 150 to 300 a month depending on AC use and water use ie watering thr grass for example. Again not cheap. All these are in pounds per year apart from the DEWA. Hope this helps.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 02 October 2007 18:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By PS Thanks to all that have responded on the forum and direct to my email. It is much appreciated. Cheers.
Roundtuit  
#6 Posted : 23 September 2019 21:22:35(UTC)
Roundtuit

Moderator??????????????
Roundtuit  
#7 Posted : 23 September 2019 21:22:35(UTC)
Roundtuit

Moderator??????????????