Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 07 September 2000 19:07:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Frank Macleod In July, I asked for views and comments regarding "Train the Trainer" courses and I recieved five replies. Many thanks, to all of you who took the time to pass on your comments. I am pleased to report that when I presented them as part of my justification request to my Manager, he took all the comments onboard and agreed to send me on a course which should provide me with the neccesary tools to carry out my presentations to the best of my abilities. I will be attending the course, in Northampton, as advertised in the SHP, next week and will report back on its contents and use, when I have completed it. In the mean time I am preparing a powerpoint presentation on Risk Assessment and was hoping that someone out there could possibly supply me with photographic/cartoon evidence of hazards/risks in the workplace. I need this to assist the trainees in carrying out risk assessment exercises. I know ROSPA used to have wallcharts depicting hazards etc. in the workplace but I was informed that they no longer produce these. If anyone can assist me with this request, I will, as always, be most grateful Regards Frank Macleod
Admin  
#2 Posted : 08 September 2000 09:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Philip McAleenan Frank, Bongarde have an interesting site with some clip art for a variety of different hazards in the w/place. Copy and paste the following link into your browser and see if there is anything there that will be of use: http://www.safetysmarton....com/tstdrive/index.html Philip
Admin  
#3 Posted : 08 September 2000 10:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jerry Hill You could also try a web page titled 'Powerpoint Safety Posters and Presentations Library'. You'll find them at: siri.uvm.edu/ftp/ppt/powerpt_a.html They hold quite a few downloadable presentations which you can then modify for your own use, and may find suitable cartoons for your presentation. Jerry