Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 16 October 2000 13:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bob Howden Has anybody got any up to date information on Action Point 13? I'm looking for any useful contacts or reference points/documents to help me substantiate the justification for starting work on this report. Regards Bob Howden
Admin  
#2 Posted : 21 October 2000 11:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By clive bradburn Bob The lack of response to your question endorses my concerns that many safety professionals in public bodies have little idea about the importance of "Revitalising"and the advantages of pressing the AP13 concept. I head up the h&s unit for a central govt dept and I have written a short statement of the dept's performance in accordance with AP13. It has opened up doors to access our Management Board. AP13 along with other initiatives from the strategy such as removal of Crown Immunity and board level H&S responsibility has already increased interest at the highest possible level. Sorry I cannot publish the little I have done but if you contact me we can arrange to discuss if you wish. Clive
Admin  
#3 Posted : 30 October 2000 12:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Dodson I am not so sure the lack of response on this issue is because safety professionals in public bodies have little idea about the importance of Revitalising; certainly my own contacts with colleagues in public bodies would suggest otherwise. I have heard, but not at first hand, that the DETR intends issuing guidance on what should be included in such reports. I think this would be a helpful step forward so that we are at least all singing from the same hymn sheet. Has anyone any further information on this? For my own part, I do agree that Revitalising is an important document particularly for public bodies (which are expected "to improve their own performance as an employer, to demonstrate excellence in health and safety management as a model for other to follow.”). I have prepared a report for my organisation’s Corporate Management Team with a series of recommendations. One recommendation obviously includes AP13 (I have also informed the senior manager responsible for the annual report). I am anxious that the report is seen not as the Health and Safety Adviser’s report but as the organisation’s report therefore whilst I am happy to advise on its content I want it to be “owned” by senior management. Has anyone heard of any progress on AP12 – The Health and Safety checklist for circulation to all public bodies? Will completion be mandatory? John Dodson
Admin  
#4 Posted : 31 October 2000 22:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Waterton Hi guys.. As a public body safety officer I can assure you that in my area the document has been the focus of a number of meetings and a response has been presented to HSE.. It is not lack of interest from those employed in local govt. There are other reasons why many are reluctant to make public comment on a range of issues...