Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 November 2000 09:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Eddie Newall Has anyone devised a risk assessment tool for cot sides hazards, suitable for use in the residential and nursing home care environment, and would be willing to share it with me?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 08 November 2000 20:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor The International Centre for Consumer Ergonomics at Loughborough University have a nomograph tool for risk assessment in consumer products generally. This could be of help in this instance and, in any event, they are likely to have some views on cot-sides. Contact Lawrence Clift (lclift@ice.co.uk).
Admin  
#3 Posted : 15 November 2000 13:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By James Dickerson Eddie,We have a risk assessment tool for the assessing patients in elderly care which includes the use of cot sides. You are welcome to a copy - post your e-mail address and I will forward it to you should you. Jim
Admin  
#4 Posted : 15 November 2000 14:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Eddie Newall James, thank you for that offer. My email address is: ewn1@cant.ac.uk Eddie.