Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 04 December 2000 11:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nigel Woods We are due to begin best value early next year and would appreciate any help from other local authority safety officers who have been through the process already and can let us have copies of any reports etc. this will enable us to carry out comparisons.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 05 December 2000 07:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Lucas We are due to do our Best Value Review next year so if you get any good ideas please let me know. Thanks Andy
Admin  
#3 Posted : 06 December 2000 13:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Osborne I posted a message on Best Value on 20 November. Currently I am going through the process but it is uphill all the way. The discussion on PIs is also useful in this context. I will keep in touch
Admin  
#4 Posted : 06 December 2000 16:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Carl Harrison Nigel, We too are looking to start a benchmarking exercise sometime next year and would, therefore, welcome the opportunity of participating in the exchange of information
Admin  
#5 Posted : 13 December 2000 12:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Liz Johnston I have now completed the long and gruelling process and would be happy to discuss. Ring me on 020 8760 5768 x2001 Liz Johnston
Admin  
#6 Posted : 15 December 2000 11:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark A. Bush We have done two best value self assessment processes for the occupational health & safety function within the Personnel Department. I sympathise with you all. It is a difficult process. We learnt a lot from the first year and this year's assesment was a lot easier to complete. We are into PIs and benchmarking but being a police force, it is critical who we compare with in service delivery. The hardest question to answer is "challenging" the function. Once you crack this, everything else seems to flow. The Home Office and Her Majesties Inspectorate of Constabulary were very helpful to us in specifying key questions for the assessment process. I will gladly share my experiences with anyone that is interested (this should open the floodgates), you can contact me on 0121 626 5000 extension 2540 or E-mail m.bush@west-midlands.police.uk