Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 28 February 2001 13:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryn Maidment Not being involved in the E bit of H S & E (my one concession to the environment is saving rubber by keeping the front wheel of my motorcycle in the air!) can anyone enlighten me as to what these are about and where I can find a precis on the web. I saw a flyer last week mentioning these 'new' regs and binned it. My understanding is that PPC is a part of the larger IPC thing but would like to know more. Many thanks ps tried doing a search on the Env't Agency website....not surprisingly the keywords got me a quarter of a million hits.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 01 March 2001 02:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Urquhart Bryn. Try the DETR site. Go to www.detr.gov.uk Click on Environmental on the left index. From the page that opens, scroll down to Pollution Prevention and Control. This will give you a selection of summaries of the history and the progress of the act. There are also some guidance pages and related links and refrences to the EC directive which spawned it. Addtionally go to The HMSO site. www.hmso.gov.uk Go to legislation UK Statutory instruments, Then scroll down to the page bottom to search. Type in Pollution Prevention and Control and hit search. This will take you to an HMSO introductory/explanatory document about the Pollution Prevention and Control Act 1999 Ch34, and within the pages you will find a blue tab saying "The Act" or something similar. Click on this and it will take you to the text of the Regulations. Sorry this is a bit convoluted but I am trying to describe this from memory having just tried accessing the sites and having a quick look myself. Hope the information gets you what you want. Regards. Ken Urquhart
Admin  
#3 Posted : 01 March 2001 10:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryn Maidment Thanks Ken, I'm now clued up on this particular E matter!