Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 04 April 2001 11:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Zoe Barnett We are due to undertake extensive relocation of staff and one of the outcomes will be the introduction of hot desking. This will mainly affect staff who spend a lot of time out of the office but who will return to write up notes and reports. They will be using one of a number of desks rather than having one specifically dedicated to their own use as at present. The obvious issues (DSE assessments and so on) are well in hand but I would be very interested to hear from anyone who's been through a similar process. Have any "hidden" safety problems arisen from the introduction of hot desking? If they did, how did you deal with them? I'd be very grateful for any help on this.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 04 April 2001 15:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Martin Gray You could try the RAC, they have been hot desking for quite sometime in their Bristol office with their account managers.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 05 April 2001 08:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bill Hambelton We hotdesked with my former employer, and the main problems encountered were employee moans at losing personal space, persons hogging areas or desks to try and claim space and nuisance noise caused by impromtu meetings in and around desks in the open plan office and noisy telephone conversations. Regards Bill