Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 09 May 2001 15:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Cockburn Dear All My company is looking to acquire a company in Southern Ireland I therefore need to do some research on applicable H&S law. Could someone point me in the general direction to where I could obtain some information or alternatively provide a synopsis of the legal requirements. Thank you in anticipation Mark Cockburn
Admin  
#2 Posted : 09 May 2001 16:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Underwood Hi Mark I recently did some work for our offices in S. Ireland. I found the HSA site extremely useful as it has links to the legislation, also the staff there were only to keen to be of assistance. The site can be found at: www.hsa.ie I hope that this helps. Regards, John
Admin  
#3 Posted : 09 May 2001 19:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Cockburn John Thanks for the rapid response. Regards Mark
Admin  
#4 Posted : 10 May 2001 12:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Waldram If you need more than is on the HSA website, you could contact Ireland Branch members, who include both HSA employees and other professionals in a whole range of businesses - details available via the 'Branch links' on this website.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 11 May 2001 10:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Cockburn Thanks Ian Had not considered that avenue will give it a try. Regards Mark
Admin  
#6 Posted : 14 May 2001 11:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Anne Gallagher You may be interested in our new A-Z guide on Irish health and safety law entitled 'Health and Safety Compliance Guide'. This is I£149.95 (at current exchange rates that's £116.96 sterling) and this includes a loose-leaf, online version and quarterly updates. If you'd like some more information, contact myself at Croner.CCH (contact details at www.croner.cch.co.uk). Regards Anne Gallagher