Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 02 June 2001 17:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Des Power If you have any good ideas or experience in organising group 'workshop' type training sessions I would appreciate your help. I have a number of books on the subject giving examples of 'competative' and 'co-operative' team building games but they are a bit 'tame' for my intended audience. All suggestions/advice appreciated. des@power65.freeserve.co.uk
Admin  
#2 Posted : 04 June 2001 12:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ed Carter Des, I assume that your after H&S material. Whilst I'm not sure that this will not prove to be too tame, can I suggest "Health & Safety Games for trainers" by Graham Roberts- Phelps, published by Gower, of Gower House,Croft Road,Aldershot,Hampshire, GU11 3HR. (ISBN 0-566-08203-9). Whithin its 226 pages, it includes true/false quizzes, Knowledge tests, safety icebreakers, group energisers, case studies crosswords/wordsearches and questionaires on H&S subjects. Used constructively you can introduce an element of competition between teams etc. Anyhoo, I hope you may find the suggestion useful. Ed
Admin  
#3 Posted : 06 June 2001 20:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jerry Tucker I have been in out-door education / management training for 10 years tell me what your after? I will probably be able to help. Jerry Tucker
Admin  
#4 Posted : 08 June 2001 10:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Joe McNicholas Des, I have just purchased the book "Health & Safety Games for Trainers". I can say that the majority of it is aimed at what I consider to be icebreakers. However there are a few good activities (certainly for what I need), but not necessarily aimed at team building. If you like I can fax a couple of activities across so you can make your mind up. The book in looseleaf format cost £75.00 plus VAT and I have to admit it's not bad. Message to Jerry - would it be possible to contact you as I am currently looking to do external activities rether than desk based activities. Best regards Joe McNicholas
Admin  
#5 Posted : 08 June 2001 18:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jerry Tucker Hi Joe My E-mail address is Jeremy.Tucker@btinternet.com I'm off surfing for a week in N. Cornwall (WELL DESERVED!?!) Send me your ideas and I'll respond next weekend.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 19 June 2001 16:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jerry Tucker Joe McNicholas I'm back. Please contact me re. your needs. My E-mail address is Jeremy.Tucker@btinternet.com Look forward to hearing from you soon.