Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 21 June 2001 11:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mairead Dennehy I am a Masters student of Occupational Health and Ergonomics at the National University of Ireland, Galway & am currently undertaking my thesis which is concerned with intranet usability. I was wondering would you have any information available on this topic or whether you would be able to point me in the direction of same. I am especially concerned with the testing of intranet usability, Thanking You, Mairead Dennehy Ireland.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 21 June 2001 12:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Francis MSc MIOSH RSP Chris Dyer wrote about needing help on a similar topic on the Study Support Forum 29/01/01- although the most recent reply was in March. You may want to talk with him-2 way. According to his message, his email is: chris.dyer@irseclipse.co.uk You may be interested in our Study Support Forum- it is accesible by clicking lower down on the right hand side ("Hot topics").
Admin  
#3 Posted : 21 June 2001 14:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Preston If you haven't already discovered him, Jakob Neilsen is one of the most well known - and controversial - gurus of useability - his weekly Alertbox column at www.useit.com has a number of articles on intranet useability -many other of his columns will be as relevant. Once you've got a feel for his approach, you mignt find it diverting to visit some of the anti-Jakob sites - a Google search should find you plenty. Bruce Togazzini - an associate of Neilsen and one of the authors of Apple's Human Interface Guidelines - is worth checking out at his www.asktog.com site. Donald Norman, author of the brilliant "Design of Everyday Things", and another associate of Neilsen , can be found at www.jnd.org Apple's Human Interface Guidelines have lots of excellent guidance on useability, and can be found here http://developer.apple.c...ines/HIGuidelines-2.html Earlier versions can be found scattered around the web