Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 25 June 2001 14:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By MICHELLE BROWN I have just been asked by our Warehouse Supervisor if his staff can wear shorts instead of trousers. I want to do a risk assessment, has anyone got any forms which I can base my assessment on. Many Thanks
Admin  
#2 Posted : 30 June 2001 21:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tony Harmsworth I don't have a specific form for this, but have come across it before. You need to consider three issues. 1, hazards from the environment i.e sun, cold etc 2, hazards from the location i.e. long grass in which ticks live. 3, hazards from the work, i.e. physical abraison, or chemical. Hope this helps.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 01 July 2001 11:00:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Philip McAleenan Michelle, consider the following questions: a) what can cause harm? b) what is being done to control it? c) is it enough? If you require a form, the HSE "5 Steps to Risk Assessment" should be sufficient for this task, slan, Philip
Admin  
#4 Posted : 05 July 2001 21:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Stuart Nagle Tony. See the PPE Regs 1992. There is a risk assessment pro-forma for PPE contained near the rear of this document. Stuart Nagle