Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 05 July 2001 10:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams I have recently been asked to look at the manual handling situation and risk assessments of a vouluntary sector furniture project. They provide furniture to people on low incomes and deliver it to them. Does anyone have or know of any sources of information on the subject that they may be willing to share. Thanks Ashley Williams
Admin  
#2 Posted : 05 July 2001 18:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Brian Peirce Ashley A suggestion would be to ring up a reputable removal company. Say you are asking on behalf of a charity and ask if they could send you their risk assessments Hope this helps. Good luck Brian
Admin  
#3 Posted : 08 July 2001 23:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams Brian, I did try contacting the local firms, without success. I suppose they may consider the projects a treat to their business. Ashley
Admin  
#4 Posted : 09 July 2001 10:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Philip McAleenan Ashley, try this link for many interesting R/A's http://www.medfac.unimel...med/ohs/exampleRisk.html including one for furniture removal Philip