Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
morraphael  
#1 Posted : 23 October 2016 13:44:32(UTC)
morraphael

Sometime next year I'll be giving up working in the traditional setting. However, if possible I'd like to continue working in some capacity from home, it would have to be internet based and I won't be able to have face to face interaction unless its on Skype or other similar type of media. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

I also have extensive experience in environmental, CSR and Business Continuity.

Appreciate this might be an odd question but HSE has been a career I have enjoyed immensley and am not yet ready to give it up.

Thanks

hallsy  
#2 Posted : 24 October 2016 12:24:48(UTC)
hallsy

Need to ask why give up if you like it so much, there is no retirement age anymore.  I would like to work from home or go contracting but giving up a regular income is a bit worrying.  I'd be interested how you get on, so please keep us posted on your experience.

linda xc  
#3 Posted : 24 October 2016 21:48:08(UTC)
linda xc

hi

how about assessing? be it NVQ based, CHAS style ...

regards

Linda

morraphael  
#4 Posted : 26 October 2016 06:59:40(UTC)
morraphael

I'll be moving abroad with husbands job (USA), will be there 6-9 months per year. Can't work there due to visa restrictions. Guess I'll take up quilting or surfing :) Cheers anyway for your input.

sadlass  
#5 Posted : 29 October 2016 13:14:41(UTC)
sadlass

I got some H&S work via Peopleperhour, and although I don't use or need it anymore I still get notified of jobs occasionally.