Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Michellethirlby  
#1 Posted : 16 November 2016 22:42:52(UTC)
Michellethirlby

Hi I was wondering if I could get some advice. I haven't had any dealings with the 18001 standard before ....it's all new to me and I am now working with a new company that has the standard. I have been asked to attend an 18001 internal auditor course and wondered if this is a waste of time/money? Should I wait until next year and see if there is an equivilant for the 45001 or is it just going to be transitional change of standard training available? I don't want to spend money on the wrong thing....? Any help would be appreciated.
redspelly  
#2 Posted : 17 November 2016 09:11:12(UTC)
redspelly

Hi - I would do the 18001 training now - ISO 45001 is not likely to be released until maybe around Q4 next year and then all companies that have 18001 will have 3 years to implement the requirements of 45001 - so basically it could be anoth 3-4 years before making the transition over depending on when your company decides to make the transition.

thanks 1 user thanked redspelly for this useful post.
Michellethirlby on 17/11/2016(UTC)
Mr Curious  
#3 Posted : 17 November 2016 10:53:19(UTC)
Mr Curious

IF and WHEN ISO45001 will come that is. I would say OHSAS 18001 if you need to undertake now.

thanks 1 user thanked Mr Curious for this useful post.
Michellethirlby on 17/11/2016(UTC)
Michellethirlby  
#4 Posted : 17 November 2016 21:12:27(UTC)
Michellethirlby

Ok thank you, that makes sense, think I'll get my self booked to do the 18001..... so next question..... online course or classroom? Massive price differences......any one had positive on line success?
Roy Jones  
#5 Posted : 07 December 2016 16:32:43(UTC)
Roy Jones

Originally Posted by: Michellethirlby Go to Quoted Post
Ok thank you, that makes sense, think I'll get my self booked to do the 18001..... so next question..... online course or classroom? Massive price differences......any one had positive on line success?

Hi Michellethirlby  

I cant pass judgement/comment re online training, however i did the 18001 Lead Auditor (5days) classroom based with BSI.. i don`t think i would have learned as much without the interaction with the tutor and other delegates.. good luck.

mistyhall  
#6 Posted : 09 December 2016 12:32:17(UTC)
mistyhall

Originally Posted by: Roy Jones Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Michellethirlby Go to Quoted Post

Hi Michellethirlby  

I cant pass judgement/comment re online training, however i did the 18001 Lead Auditor (5days) classroom based with BSI.. i don`t think i would have learned as much without the interaction with the tutor and other delegates.. good luck.

Totally agree with the above comment. I did my Lead Auditors course 18001 with BSI over two years ago and it was classroom based. The interaction and the information you get from the tutors is invaluable.I think also the role play wouldnt be the same if it was online. Good luck with whichever one you choose.

Docking36832  
#7 Posted : 14 December 2016 15:48:49(UTC)
Docking36832

I did wonder about waiting but went on the 5 day ISO18001 Auditor course.   The first three days were tough so not sure how effective the online training would be?