Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Graeme Robertson  
#1 Posted : 09 May 2017 11:31:33(UTC)
Graeme Robertson

Hi

I am currently writing my Nebosh Unit D report, I am on the risk assessment part and was just looking for some advice and guidance to make sure I’m on the right track.  I have wrote two RA's identifying the hazards, who is at risk, current and revised risk ratings, current and recommended control measures.  I have chosen working at height from a non-integrated work platform and Legionnaires disease.

Thanks, Graeme

wobblemouth  
#2 Posted : 11 May 2017 14:11:29(UTC)
wobblemouth

Graeme,

Sounds good. What is it exactly you need to know?

Yous should describe your chosen RA methodology and why you’ve gone for that model. Follow best practice guidance to determine control measures. Bear in mind hierarcy of controls.

Edited by user 11 May 2017 14:49:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wooldridge29111  
#3 Posted : 11 May 2017 16:59:53(UTC)
Wooldridge29111

Remember one of the issues with risk assessment is obtaining evidence to ensure the controls have actually been implemented. One approach is to delegate the control to someone with the right competency, with a date for submission of evidence. Also risk assessments need to be revised, and so proper documentation, checks and balances are required. Otherwise it just becomes a peace of paper that noone reads. RA methedology, should include communication of findings, so that everyone knows what is expected.