Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kirkyface  
#1 Posted : 14 June 2017 12:26:44(UTC)
kirkyface

Hi All,

I have just received the results back from the NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management Certifcate I took earlier this year.

NGC1 - Pass

FC1 - Refer

FC2 - Pass

I am really struggling to find anywhere that offers the ability to resit only FC1, the written exam. I have tried several places such as British Safety Council and RoSPA who have told me I'm not able to sit just the exam without having done the course with them because I will affect their pass rates should I fail again.

Does anybody know of anyone who offers exam only resits please? I really want to get this resat as soon as possible!

Many thanks in advance,

Kirsty

jodieclark1510  
#2 Posted : 14 June 2017 14:06:01(UTC)
jodieclark1510

Have you contacted NEBOSH at all as they may be able to point you in the right direction? Otherwise perhaps try someone like RRC?

kirkyface  
#3 Posted : 14 June 2017 14:31:29(UTC)
kirkyface

Hi Jodie,

I've been through the NEBOSH site and they list only 2 options (1 of which is RoSPA who do not accept external students).

I've just rung RRC and unfortunately like the others, they do not accept external resits.

Thank you for your help.

jodieclark1510  
#4 Posted : 14 June 2017 14:48:18(UTC)
jodieclark1510

Who did you take your certificate with?

kirkyface  
#5 Posted : 14 June 2017 15:10:16(UTC)
kirkyface

Create Skills via North Notts College, Worksop.

I've asked them about resits and they said they don't even know if the course is going to run again until at least next year. 

kenty  
#6 Posted : 14 June 2017 15:31:01(UTC)
kenty

Even if they are not running the course, they should be able to invigilate a resit for one of their students.  I have taken resits at Worksop College without  issue in the past, however that was for one of the other NEBOSH qualifications.

ryangavin777  
#7 Posted : 17 June 2017 12:58:02(UTC)
ryangavin777

I done my FC1 with ACT (https://www.actassociates.co.uk/). I bought a study book online and just booked an exam. I didn't have any problems.

Edited by user 17 June 2017 12:58:34(UTC)  | Reason: Edit link

Teresa Budworth  
#8 Posted : 19 June 2017 13:20:17(UTC)
Teresa Budworth

Call our customer services team.  0116 263 4700.  They will try and track down a resit venue for you.  Good luck in your resit