Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
asoe209  
#1 Posted : 08 August 2017 16:15:35(UTC)
asoe209

Hello all, was just hoping some one could clear this up for me.  

I have recently registered to be an IOSH member, and I was just taking a look at the progression of membership levels. 

At present, I hold a nebosh cert in Construction H&S and have worked in my current H&S position for just over 2 years. Would this qualify me for associate or Tech if any at all that is? 

Elfin Davy 09  
#2 Posted : 09 August 2017 08:05:43(UTC)
Elfin Davy 09

Hi - You would initially join as an Affiliate member, and your qualifications and experience would be assessed at this stage.  Depending upon how your circumstances are seen, you could be bumped up to Associate, and once there (and with your CPD up to date), you could apply for Technical Membership.  However, again it would all depend upon your qualifications, experience and involvement within a health and safety role.

Whichever membership level you commence at, there's always the option of progression, and it's really up to you and your ambitions where you end up.  Good luck.

10MARK  
#3 Posted : 09 August 2017 14:35:39(UTC)
10MARK

I believe with your Level 3 qualification and 2 years experience you would be qualified for techIOSH status , I was in a very similar position to you but that was some yeas ago so it may have changed. An email to  membership@iosh.co.uk will get you the correct answer . They usually reply very quickly

Stern  
#4 Posted : 18 August 2017 09:44:33(UTC)
Stern

Many moons back i completed my NEBOSH general and construction certs and shortly thereafter joined IOSH as techIOSH

A few years later i completed my Level 5 NVQ and was bumped up to gradIOSH.

I don't recall ever having to be an affiliate member, although i am going back a fair few years! Best bet would be to just give them a call. They're very helpful.