Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
preveli  
#1 Posted : 21 November 2017 14:14:49(UTC)
preveli

Hi All

I am in the process of sourcing a provider for my NVQ Level 5, I am based in the South West and  have had a look at previous comments about providers when considering who to choose.  So far I've considered how long you are given assessor help for and when you need to start paying for extra.  I also notice some providers release all the modules at once, others release them one by one as they are completed.  Some providers don't have any face to face meetings, some offer one some offer more.  Is there anything else I need to take into account?  If anyone has any recommendations or advice I would be grateful.  On my list are Phoenix, Shield and ROSPA.........a minefield before I even start the course!  Any comments gratefully received.

Thank you, Hilary.

allanwood  
#2 Posted : 22 November 2017 09:47:06(UTC)
allanwood

I undertook this route with Joy Nudds @ New Broom Training and couldnt fault her at all.

regards

Allan

mtlangford2016  
#3 Posted : 22 November 2017 17:59:39(UTC)
mtlangford2016

hi 

i would add corporate risk systems CRS to your list as i have started my NVQ 5 through them and they are very supportive and use a online portal for submission of evidence which is easy to use.

they also release all modules at same time so can work your way through one at a time or have a couple open modules.

regards 

mike

Waz  
#4 Posted : 23 November 2017 09:36:03(UTC)
Waz

CAD UK - Gary Pollard.  Superb system and assessors https://www.caduk.co.uk/services/health-and-safety-nvqs/

Waz

SafeStickman  
#5 Posted : 23 November 2017 14:07:16(UTC)
SafeStickman

I've just complete the process with Corporate Risk Systems (CRS) and they were very good.  It's all done online and you can choose the order you do it in.  I had 18 months to complete and the assessor was available on email and phone and did a one to one meeting at the end of the course.  Couldn't fault them.

preveli  
#6 Posted : 26 November 2017 15:16:57(UTC)
preveli

Thank you for your replies, I'll have a look at CRS as well :) 

louisec  
#7 Posted : 26 November 2017 16:23:55(UTC)
louisec

Hi can you let me know how you get on as I too am looking to start nvq5 early jan/Feb Thank you louise
John Wyatt  
#8 Posted : 27 November 2017 08:25:22(UTC)
John Wyatt

I used ATC risk management again they use a web based system and you can choose which order you do the units in I achieved my level 5 in just over a year.

http://www.atcrisk.co.uk/health-and-safety-nvqs/nvq-diploma-level-5-in-occupational-health-and-safety-practice.php

Good luck

John

linda xc  
#9 Posted : 03 December 2017 21:31:26(UTC)
linda xc

hi

Be aware of a provder that doesn't come to assess you in your workplace.  City and Guilds state that it has to be done as part of the assessment methodology.  You wouldn't want your hard work to be rewarded by an invalid certificate. 

Linda