Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davidjohn#1  
#1 Posted : 07 February 2018 22:29:37(UTC)
davidjohn#1

Hi,

Im considering enroling to complete the CFPA Fire Diploma and wondered if anyone who has completed this course may be able to share their experience and more importantly an example of the 8 theory modules, depth and amount of questions so that I can better undertsand what is required and expected.

I have also looked at the Vulcan classroom based Diploma, if anyone again can share there expeience. I see there are some old threads on both these but am after some recent experiences if possible.

Many thanks

DJ

Harley41097  
#2 Posted : 03 March 2018 20:06:04(UTC)
Harley41097

Hi

I completed both the Fire Risk Assessment course, Fire Manager course in 2015 with Vulcan Fire and then in 2017 completed the Advanced Fire Manager Course along with the 10,000 word fire risk assessment project.

All the courses were well planned, very well presentated and thoroughly enjoyed.

The Advanced Diploma course was very good and the 6 month project puts everything learnt into practice,  I have dealt with a few fire audits from the local fire rescue service and they have been very impressed with everthying that I have shown them and fully satisfied.

I have since gone on to be granted IFSM member grade and just been granted IFE associate grade - so both organistaions accept the level of training.

Hope this helps

Hi,

Im considering enroling to complete the CFPA Fire Diploma and wondered if anyone who has completed this course may be able to share their experience and more importantly an example of the 8 theory modules, depth and amount of questions so that I can better undertsand what is required and expected.

I have also looked at the Vulcan classroom based Diploma, if anyone again can share there expeience. I see there are some old threads on both these but am after some recent experiences if possible.

Many thanks

DJ