Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chris Walsh  
#1 Posted : 10 April 2017 16:05:51(UTC)
Chris Walsh

Hi All,

I am looking into moving over to Dubai when I graduate from college this year with a Level 8 BSc degree (Hons) in Occupational Safety and Health. I have experience in the pharmaceutical industry but would love to gain experience working in Dubai. I have being making enquires about working in the profession over there and have been made aware experiece is key. Would really appreciate any other advice.

Thanks

olufsen1  
#2 Posted : 19 April 2017 15:23:21(UTC)
olufsen1

Dubai is one big Building site mate. Its construction all the way. 

Mariav  
#3 Posted : 06 May 2017 13:59:14(UTC)
Mariav

Originally Posted by: Chris Walsh Go to Quoted Post

Hi All,

I am looking into moving over to Dubai when I graduate from college this year with a Level 8 BSc degree (Hons) in Occupational Safety and Health. I have experience in the pharmaceutical industry but would love to gain experience working in Dubai. I have being making enquires about working in the profession over there and have been made aware experiece is key. Would really appreciate any other advice.

Thanks

May be hard for a young grad to find a relevant job abroad; especially in the gulf region where they ask for at least 10 years of exp. with a lot of competition in the job market.

Maria

Mariav  
#4 Posted : 06 May 2017 14:03:10(UTC)
Mariav

Look at this HSE Job in Dubai 15 years exp. needed... and I bet you will see the same almost in all job openings in the middle east. People there are also crazy about certifications! You have to make a lot of them to gain their attention.

Maria

samad  
#5 Posted : 30 June 2017 06:25:59(UTC)
samad

Hi Chris,

In Dubai there are few reputed placement consultant by them you can get a good job, as UK USA education counts here they value your qualification regardless experience, as I have been here in dubai since 1997. know well this region job opportunities, few placement consultants like, Nadia, BAC, SOS, or you can search online and apply,

do also see Gulf News or Khaleej Times news paper for job opportunities in gulf region..

wish you good luck in job search,

Best regards,

Shaik A Samad

TalEng  
#6 Posted : 21 May 2018 13:11:26(UTC)
TalEng

Go through this Value Engineering & Energy Optimisation  job. A technical consultance is looking forward to hire for this position in Abu Dhabi. 

I hope you would show your interest in this job ! Working in abu dhabi is a great expierence all together.  

ScottRoberts1995  
#7 Posted : 21 May 2018 15:10:49(UTC)
ScottRoberts1995

What's a level 8 BSc?

Level 8 is PHD level?