Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MattSmith189  
#1 Posted : 08 August 2018 10:58:40(UTC)
MattSmith189

Hi All, ​​​​​​​Possibly a long shot as i've been round most of the training providers.  I have NEBOSH NGC and would like also to add the IGC so I only need to sit IGC1 to obtain the full certificate as i sat GC2 and GC3 within the last 5 years. However no course provider seems to want to provide to me just the exam only. All I have been offred is the full course. Does anyone know of any training providers who will offer just the exam?

bxuxa  
#2 Posted : 08 August 2018 21:53:34(UTC)
bxuxa

Originally Posted by: MattSmith189 Go to Quoted Post

Hi All, Possibly a long shot as i've been round most of the training providers.  I have NEBOSH NGC and would like also to add the IGC so I only need to sit IGC1 to obtain the full certificate as i sat GC2 and GC3 within the last 5 years. However no course provider seems to want to provide to me just the exam only. All I have been offred is the full course. Does anyone know of any training providers who will offer just the exam?

Hi

Try https://www.thsp.co.uk/

Good luck.

PIKEMAN  
#3 Posted : 09 August 2018 08:14:13(UTC)
PIKEMAN

NEBOSH would want you to study before taking the exam; however most exam centres will only let you if you at least sign up for a course such as distance learning. Why would they just accept exam only? Very often these are "resits" who fail, and drag down their pass rate, without much financial contribution. Try Shields at Hull for diatance learnng.

DaveBridle  
#4 Posted : 09 August 2018 09:06:16(UTC)
DaveBridle

Have you tried speaking with NEBOSH directly and explained what you wish to achieve.  As I understand it, it is they who set the timetable for examinations and approve examination locations.  Perhaps they could advise you of the dates and venues.  I think that they even provide approved examination invigilators etc. that are independant.

When I sat my NGC a long time ago, i'm sure there were an number of individuals who were just sitting the exams - not attached to any particular training provider, therefore all you need to do is register with NEBOSH ask to sit the exam and turn-up on the given date.  NEBOSH should provide a list of candidates to the exam invigilators so if your on that list then off you go.

toe  
#5 Posted : 20 August 2018 22:37:37(UTC)
toe

NEBOSH examining centres should not stop you from taking the exam and there is no requirement for you to study with them. I they won’t allow you to sit the exam contact NEBOSH and they can step in.

However, you mention the International Certificate, there are not a lot of providers that offer the IGC1.