Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
niamh cowhey  
#1 Posted : 30 August 2018 11:29:54(UTC)
niamh cowhey

Hi All,

Im looking for some guidance for H+S. I am after taking a new position in a Call Centre enviroment as a Health and Safety officer. We have wide variety of different contracts. I have a generic call centre risk assestment done,wondering should i have one in place for each contract? Should I include IT DEPT also? I have lone workers procedure in place.  I`m also in the process of doing a risk register any guideline on where i could find a easy to use template?  We use a pro-active tool internally for Health and Safety which monitors and reminds us when things are coming up for renewal.

Also in the process of documenting SOPs for all machinery in a small printing warehouse, could anyone point me in the correct direction for this?

peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 02 September 2018 15:25:30(UTC)
peter gotch

Hi 

What have you covered so far in your generic risk assessment?

niamh cowhey  
#3 Posted : 03 September 2018 09:42:19(UTC)
niamh cowhey

Hi Peter,

I have covered DSE Equipement,Call handling,Office Enviroment, Access and Egress to site, Electricty,Chemicals,Maintenance, Office Equipment, Sitting for long Periods, Violence/ Aggression/Theft,Delivery of goods.

Should anything else be added in?

Steve e ashton  
#4 Posted : 03 September 2018 19:10:43(UTC)
Steve e ashton

Acoustic shock is a real issue if the equipments is not damped. RSI can be a pain.... But I would suggest the biggest issues will be tedium, boredom, stress, bullying....suicide. Call centres are commonly sub Dickensian in their employment conditions and contracts. Good luck.
thanks 1 user thanked Steve e ashton for this useful post.
niamh cowhey on 05/09/2018(UTC)