Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Parmar20220  
#1 Posted : 24 July 2018 10:42:41(UTC)
Parmar20220

Hi All, I just found out I have been referred for 6 months after my peer review interview. I have to apparently look at the notes provided in the letter (haven't picked it up yet from my in laws) and update my CPD with those areas of focus. Then after 6 months I have to request a re-audit and once accepted I automatically become chartered. I'm obviously glad that I don't have to re-do my interview. I was just wondering whether this has happened to any one else - didn't realise this would even be an option. Surely if they have some advice it should be down to me to take that on. I have jumped through all the hoops and this just feels abit unfair to make me wait a further 6 months!

JamesWright  
#2 Posted : 24 July 2018 18:35:24(UTC)
JamesWright

I would suggest re-reading the letter.  If you have to re-do CPD and be re-audited I would be suprised if you don't have to re-sit the PRI.

iyenoma  
#3 Posted : 09 August 2018 09:50:40(UTC)
iyenoma

I think you need to pick the letter and digest the Conets. The procedure I know of is that your CPD is audited and found suitable before being allowed to site for the PRI. The picture your post painted seems different; unless the procedure has been reviewed by IOSH which I am not aware of. I hope this helps.
iyenoma  
#4 Posted : 09 August 2018 09:56:06(UTC)
iyenoma

Spelling error. It is "contents" and not " conets".
MaxPayne  
#5 Posted : 02 October 2018 12:23:10(UTC)
MaxPayne

I'm too in the exact same position.  I had my CPD audited and passed prior to my PRI.  I recieved the same letter advising that I need to do more CPD and be re-audited in six months; no need for another interview if the CPD is okay thay'll move straight to CMIOSH.  The process was a joke to be frank and the letter actually contradicted the notes from the interview panel, but I wasn't going to object and should breeze through a second CPD audit.  For me now it's just a means to an end to get CMIOSH, but the organisation has lost some of the respect I had for it as a professional body.

bxuxa  
#6 Posted : 04 October 2018 19:44:21(UTC)
bxuxa

Hi to all,

My CPD will be audited in the next days, and to be sincere, I don't know if I have enough?!

I hear that I should have 5 entries per year, correct?

Regards

biker1  
#7 Posted : 30 October 2018 10:06:13(UTC)
biker1

These are all questions you should be asking the membership development department at IOSH.

However, as I understand it, the issue of CPD and a six month audit is not uncommon. It is a middle position between a clear pass and a clear fail. You will have achieved the overall pass mark, but scored below the minimum section scores on one or two subjects. Rather than classing it as a fail, if you address the areas of weakness through your CPD, then you can progress to Chartered without re-sitting the interview.

thanks 1 user thanked biker1 for this useful post.
Swygart25604 on 16/12/2018(UTC)