Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bami016  
#1 Posted : 20 November 2018 11:21:43(UTC)
Bami016

Hi everyone,

Please can anyone help me on how to apply for my CPD audit with IOSH, i have been updating my CPD for two years and am ready for the audit and peers interview but i do not know how to go about it. I sent mail to IOSH membership on this subject but no response from them. kindly  help with information please 

grader  
#2 Posted : 20 November 2018 11:38:56(UTC)
grader

Originally Posted by: Bami016 Go to Quoted Post

Hi everyone,

Please can anyone help me on how to apply for my CPD audit with IOSH, i have been updating my CPD for two years and am ready for the audit and peers interview but i do not know how to go about it. I sent mail to IOSH membership on this subject but no response from them. kindly  help with information please 

Hello Bami016,

Have you applied for the IPD process? Once this is complete, the CPD audit follows, then the PRI

KieranD  
#3 Posted : 20 November 2018 11:52:47(UTC)
KieranD

One of the challenging yet potentially enriching features of OSH is the variety of areas of knowledge and skill associted with 'good practice'

Faced with such diversity, there's a risk of adopting a 'tickbox' approach to show you have 'visited' many areas - regulations, system management, statistical monitoring, technical knowledge, 'psychological measurement sand survey design and evaluation, soft skills' and leanredto apply stress management to yourself as you do so.

An alternative approach is to take the tiime required to read about alternative methdoologies and to decide on the one that suits your situation and your own knwoledge base and temperament.  Then document it.

What is distinctive and novel is how you choose and use a methodology that works for you and your organization.. Reasonable assessors are likely to be interested in learning form you.

biker1  
#4 Posted : 21 November 2018 15:12:01(UTC)
biker1

The original post is somewhat confusing. Has the poster completed their IPD process up to the stage of the final interview? Whilst updating their CPD is important, this is a separate process to IPD, and the two are only linked once the member has completed the SDP/EOA part of their IPD and just has the Peer Review Interview to complete. The post indicates some confusion about this, unless I'm missing something.

Not sure of the relevance of the post from KieranD, which seems to have gone off on a completely different tangent.