Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
niamh cowhey  
#1 Posted : 16 May 2019 08:38:43(UTC)
niamh cowhey

Hi all,

I`m looking for some guidance. Ive completed a NFQ 6 in Health & Safety.

I have found a course online in a Diploma https://www.cmi-ireland.com/part-time-courses/occupational-health-safety-diploma.

Has anyone ever completed this course or would you advise to do this somewhere else?

I would prefer online study at the moment.

Thanks,

Niamh

George_Young  
#2 Posted : 16 May 2019 10:56:19(UTC)
George_Young

What is it you want from the course, do you want to do an international diploma or any diploma?

I have not heard of that diploma.

NCRQ and NEBOSH are other routes to diploma or how about considering a degree instead.

Waz  
#3 Posted : 16 May 2019 15:29:23(UTC)
Waz

Consider the NVQ L6 Diploma as run by CAD UK www.caduk.co.uk - yes, it is a level 6 diploma - all done through assessment, via an online portal.  This qualification is recognised by IOSH for GradIOSH status and subsequently CMIOSH.

I don't work for CADUK, but their platform is easy to understand, their assessors are good from my experience and the team deliver.  Worth giving them a call!!

thanks 1 user thanked Waz for this useful post.
niamh cowhey on 20/05/2019(UTC)
JamesClifford  
#4 Posted : 07 June 2019 12:05:18(UTC)
JamesClifford

I am currently on Year 2 of the NCRQ applied diploma route and have found it to be engaging and worthwhile in developing my skills.  I completed the NEBOSH NGC and there is a variance in academic vs applied.  It will depend on what you want from the qualification ultimately.

The tutor support is good and the course content pace about right.

Its worth consideration.