Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
andrewjb1  
#1 Posted : 10 June 2019 08:57:27(UTC)
andrewjb1

Good Morning

Does anyone know where i can locate fire safety advice for a large sports arena, its an air pressured PVC triple case dome that covers 3 tennis courts and operates with a generator fan that keep it inflated with a back up diesel generator, i checked the manufactures guidance but there is nothing on fire safety.

Its a temporary structure but is up all year round.

Thank you in advance

chas  
#2 Posted : 10 June 2019 09:25:36(UTC)
chas

I cannot help you directly, however you may get some advice from Sport England. I know they provide a lot of advice and guidance regarding the design of a variety of sports facilities. Even if they do not have anything about inflatable structures they might be able to point you in the right direction.

andrewjb1  
#3 Posted : 10 June 2019 09:34:04(UTC)
andrewjb1

Thank you, we are talking to them directly.  I think i have managed to find something here:

https://www.fireengineering.com/articles/print/volume-171/issue-7/features/emergencies-in-air-supported-structures.html

It gives me an idea of the challenges and considerations.

stevedm  
#4 Posted : 10 June 2019 16:07:22(UTC)
stevedm

Might be better staying in this island :) ...http://www.hse.gov.uk/event-safety/temporary-demountable-structures.htm.

There are a number of references here...that will help.

andrewjb1  
#5 Posted : 11 June 2019 08:01:30(UTC)
andrewjb1

Thank you

Normally the HSE would be the first point of call but the information specifically around fire risks in air domes was limited so the other site provided better detail on the precautions and basic considerations .

Thank you anwway