Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
J0L0  
#1 Posted : 23 June 2019 11:37:37(UTC)
J0L0

Dear All, 

I am doing a business research which focuses on Clients' approach to construction projects. 

I would appreciate if you could take couple minutes and complete the survey: 

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LNG62DL

Thank you in advance. The results will be analysed and published. 

Regards,

RayRapp  
#2 Posted : 23 June 2019 18:19:15(UTC)
RayRapp

Done.

SteveL  
#3 Posted : 24 June 2019 09:50:58(UTC)
SteveL

Completed 

SJP  
#4 Posted : 24 June 2019 11:11:17(UTC)
SJP

Done

J0L0  
#5 Posted : 28 June 2019 09:37:11(UTC)
J0L0

Dear all, 

Up to now I have received 32 responses. I just wanted to let you know that the survey will be closed on evening of Sunday 30th July. Thus, if anybody would like to participate please do so this weekend.

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

peter gotch  
#6 Posted : 29 June 2019 11:32:10(UTC)
peter gotch

JOLO

Perhaps you could tell us who you are and what the purpose of this research is and the intended audience for publication.

If it's simply just a commercial gimmick to give your organisation a competitive edge, then why would we want to help?

Part of the problem of people hiding under pseudonyms on chat forums. If we know who you are, then we are much less likely to think there's trickery afoot.

Might even give us a better idea as to whether your research might have any statistical validity, which if limited to posting a Q on sites such as this is MOST unlikely.

thanks 1 user thanked peter gotch for this useful post.
Steve e ashton on 30/06/2019(UTC)
J0L0  
#7 Posted : 30 June 2019 20:57:09(UTC)
J0L0

Peter, 

I am an H&S professional working for CDM Client organisation. 

The business research is being done as a part of one modules, as I am currently completing CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership.

In addition, the research is specific to my employer. Thus, there is potential to add a competitive edge to my employer. The research question is defined as:  “What is the most appropriate approach to demonstrate compliance with Client’s duties of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 in alignment with H&S strategy of the company?”

Survey population: Construction professionals that have experience with CDM 2015. The survey will be used as a part of triangulation, however, I am aware of limitations of this survey. 

I do not why you would like to help, and from your post I understand  you do not have any desire to do it, but if I would be guessing, I would think of two reasons: 

• some people just like to help others without any need for repayment; 
  • because I said the results will be published and some people may be curious.