Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nkus22  
#1 Posted : 28 August 2019 13:46:33(UTC)
nkus22

Hello,

As a Mechanical Engineer with a Master's degree in Disaster Management from the Department of Health, Safety and Environment, I have had extensive exposure in the field of Health and Safety during my career of 4 years, within India as well as in the Middle East with leading EPC contractors with ISO 9001 ,14001 and 45001 certifications. As an occupation that requires a keen sense of awareness, observation and astute analytical capabilities, I have toned these qualities in myself through my past roles and have adhered to and habituated in my career so far. As a NEBOSH IGC certified and Grad IOSH safety professional, I have overseen various sites across India and Oman and have ensured adherence to internationally accepted safety standards and protocols. I am also familiar with the ERP: SAP EHS and EHSM.

During my tenure in all the work sites, I have conducted multiple safety training, workshops, supervised safety drills, recommended safety policy as well as procedural changes all of which have contributed to the zero accidental events in all of the above work sites. Being well versed in multiple languages, effective communication, both written and verbal has been one of the attributes that has helped me achieve success in my career thus far, even while working amongst the most diverse of workforces in the world. 

I now look forward to moving towards the next phase of my career by developing myself with organizations in the UK that can grow me as a professional, all the while allowing me to contribute towards the growth of this business as well. I am presently in settlement visa and granted work permit. Hence no sponsorship required.

Thank You,

Nandu

luay salih  
#2 Posted : 20 September 2019 16:40:47(UTC)
luay salih

Dear Nandu,

If you ever get the chance to work in the OSH field in the UK you will see that it is nothing like what you did in the past in India or the Gulf.. I did work in the in Scotland and Englnad between 1996-2004 before moving to the Gulf in 2005 to work as HSE Manager and to tell you the truth the two experinces are a world apart for many reasons. To cut short my post I advise you to join any firm as a trainee or an apprentice and start your ascend from there so that you get exposure to how H&S is handled at all levels.. and good luck.

thanks 1 user thanked luay salih for this useful post.
nkus22 on 27/09/2019(UTC)
nkus22  
#3 Posted : 27 September 2019 16:47:30(UTC)
nkus22

Thanks... I have tried to get an entry. Unfortunately, nothing showed-up.