Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Wayne Bayman  
#1 Posted : 23 February 2015 11:43:24(UTC)
Wayne Bayman

I've been looking to further my studies into either HSE management or Buisness management. In South Africa we have a National Diploma course which leads to a Btec. Unfortunately the only institution offering this course are not taking any new enrollments and this distance course will be discontinued by 2018. Now I'm looking at the NEBOSH international diploma. I already have a SAMTAC certificate and have Techical membership with IOSH and SAIOSH so experience is not a problem. With some background info I'd like to know the following; 1.) Is the NEBOSH international diploma sought after by employers in the UK and internationally? 2.) Is this diploma worth the money (considering SAMTRAC costed as much as this diploma) 3.) Who is the best distance/online learning service provider? Keep in mind I have to write exams in south africa 4.) I have been told by Pheonix HCS that I can complete a unit in about 6 months so in 18 months to two years I will have my diploma(assuming I pass) 5.) Is the NEBOSH diploma accepted by IOSH for chartered membership? Lots of questions I know but I would like as much detail on this before I spend my hard earned cash. Regards, Wayne
Wayne Bayman  
#2 Posted : 23 February 2015 11:44:44(UTC)
Wayne Bayman

Just one change. I mean GradIOSH level not chartered. W
kenty  
#3 Posted : 23 February 2015 14:03:03(UTC)
kenty

Hi Wayne, 1.) The national (or international) diploma is being sought by a number of employers both in the UK and overseas. We are beginning to reach the point where employers are specifying the diploma level qualification as a prerequisite for candidates. 2.) I found the diploma hard work, but ultimately very rewarding once you have passed all the exams. 3.) I can't really comment on who the best distance learning provider is, however i would advise speaking with a number of them as service & support differs between providers. Also ask whether they have any accredited centres located in your area, as i know exams can be taken in various oversea locations. 5.) The diploma (either OHS version) is accepted by IOSH as meeting the criteria for graduate membership, and puts you well on your way to Chartered Membership.
pradeesh  
#4 Posted : 24 February 2015 18:17:26(UTC)
pradeesh

Hi Wayne, Nebosh Diploma is always a good and well recognised qualification.. and it will take you to Grad IOSH. But remember its not only qualification which is recognised, British Council Diploma is one of the good.. an IOSH recognised Graduate or Post Graduate Course... Regards, Pradeesh
Wayne Bayman  
#5 Posted : 26 February 2015 06:12:26(UTC)
Wayne Bayman

Thanks for the advice
ravishagrawal198323@gmail.com  
#6 Posted : 02 November 2019 07:13:45(UTC)
ravishagrawal198323@gmail.com

Can anybody please guide me a bit for Nebosh DNI.

lumusislight  
#7 Posted : 04 February 2020 13:16:02(UTC)
lumusislight

Originally Posted by: ravishagrawal198323@gmail.com Go to Quoted Post

Can anybody please guide me a bit for Nebosh DNI.

Hi, you may check the official page with the attached document (pdf) > DNI assignments and dates for submission. Or here's one of the previous topics on NEBOSH DNI Project - I'm currently doing the DNI project for the IDIP and really need some advice...

lumusislight  
#8 Posted : 04 February 2020 13:20:40(UTC)
lumusislight

Originally Posted by: lumusislight Go to Quoted Post

Hi, you may check the official page with the attached document (pdf) > DNI assignments and dates for submission. Or here's one of the previous topics on NEBOSH DNI Project - I'm currently doing the DNI project for the IDIP and write my essay and really need some advice... I've never done such a project and the written work may be too difficult...

Here's the topic: https://forum.iosh.co.uk...84170-NEBOSH-DNI-Project

Or there's a guide on Entirely SAFE. I can't save the reference here, it gives me an error, when I edit the reply.