Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bami016  
#1 Posted : 07 August 2019 04:07:34(UTC)
Bami016

Good day all,

Am preparing to have my CMIOSH this year, i have register but do not know what materials or book to read in readiness of the open book assessment.

Please is there anyone that could advice on the book or materials one could use to prepare for the open book assessment of CMIOSH. Your response will be highly apprectiated 

Thanks 

Bami 

stretch89  
#2 Posted : 13 September 2019 14:45:25(UTC)
stretch89

Hi i am undertaking this at the moment, the way i found helpfull is to use the sylabus and mark of what you know. Then do some research into the areas you are unfamilliar with.  This gave me alot less to try and remember.

bxuxa  
#3 Posted : 13 September 2019 20:39:52(UTC)
bxuxa

I will not advise any book in particular.

Just read the syllabus and google your weakness and manage the time during the exam. 

Part B is different. 

elsanlapidante_hse  
#4 Posted : 14 September 2019 06:57:54(UTC)
elsanlapidante_hse

Hi, Im currently working on with my SDP. Correct me if Im wrong, once through with that next will CDP audit then finally, panel interview. This CMIOSH Open Book Assessment I dont have any idea about this, can someone help me to understand this subject. Will be appreciate your response. Thanks

mihai_qa  
#5 Posted : 15 September 2019 08:54:41(UTC)
mihai_qa

Originally Posted by: elsanlapidante_hse Go to Quoted Post

Hi, Im currently working on with my SDP. Correct me if Im wrong, once through with that next will CDP audit then finally, panel interview. This CMIOSH Open Book Assessment I dont have any idea about this, can someone help me to understand this subject. Will be appreciate your response. Thanks

That depends on your route. If you're doing SDP that means you have a level 6 qual as opposed ot the NVQ/NCRQ(?) route that would require the Electronic assement.

Ala'a (Qatar Branch Memeber) holds regular CPD/IPD events in CNAQ (College of the North Atlantic). Follow the branch on LinkedIn and join them on a Friday. They might help give you a better understanding of the process. Plus, you'll get to network with some fun people.

Aleksandra  
#6 Posted : 27 February 2020 15:59:47(UTC)
Aleksandra

Originally Posted by: Bami016 Go to Quoted Post

Good day all,

Am preparing to have my CMIOSH this year, i have register but do not know what materials or book to read in readiness of the open book assessment.

Please is there anyone that could advice on the book or materials one could use to prepare for the open book assessment of CMIOSH. Your response will be highly apprectiated 

Thanks 

Bami 

Hi Bami,

Finally, how did you manage with the preparations for your EOA? Thanks

thanks 1 user thanked Aleksandra for this useful post.
martin paul jones on 27/02/2020(UTC)
danpelayo  
#7 Posted : 17 March 2020 03:05:20(UTC)
danpelayo

Originally Posted by: Bami016 Go to Quoted Post

Good day all,

Thanks 

Bami 

I'm preparing for my CMIOSH. 

geometry dash