Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Summer  
#1 Posted : 12 May 2019 06:03:28(UTC)
Summer

Hello,

Currently considering registering for MSc in Ergonomics.

Are there any programs you would recommend over others ? (In or outside the U.K.) ?

I've found very few.

Would appreciate any thoughts/advice you might have on where to check and which universities you'd recommend.

Thank you

Marshall16325  
#2 Posted : 13 May 2019 13:04:11(UTC)
Marshall16325

Hi,

Even though I am CMIOSH, I decided to enrol for the Derby University MSc Ergonomics (Human Factors) and Graduated in 2014. Its a very useful course where I decided to opt for the general human factors route as the last module, hence the brackets, as you can also choose Health Ergonomics or Organisational Behviour. 

I work in the oil and gas industry where this is very much a growing subject area. If this is an area that you would like to focus more on, then a course like this provides you with more of the science, metholodloigies, tools and techniques than most main stream H&S qulaifications. 

Summer  
#3 Posted : 13 May 2019 17:10:45(UTC)
Summer

Thank you, good to know

Tezler  
#4 Posted : 25 April 2020 02:54:46(UTC)
Tezler

Hi Marshall,

I was hoping you may be able to help me. I have just enrolled to do the Post Cert in Ergonomics at the same university. I also work in the Oil and Gas industry and have very little knowledge in Ergonomics but have taken an interest in this after my company started to acknowledge human factors in the workplace. I wanted to know more and found that Derby University did a course that I have now enrolled.

I was hoping you could give me some background on the course. Any tips or notes you may have that might be of help I would be very grateful. Reading up I think Ergonomics / Human Factors is about to get more recognized and I could possibly see a future in this so that is why I want to complete the course.

Thank you for your time.

Terry.