Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tinkerbel7  
#1 Posted : 14 January 2016 09:14:23(UTC)
Tinkerbel7

Hi All, Yesterday I passed the first part of my Open Assessment, the multiple choice. And to anyone who is about to do it, don't panic, you have plenty of time to read, think and complete all the questions, then go back and re-check them. The next part for me is the bit I am concerned with because I am not well practised at essay writing so I am concerned about hitting the right points and about using the right technique they are looking for. The first question has my dreaded word 'Discuss' at the start.... if anyone can give me any pointers on technique I would be really grateful! Many thanks in advance.
toffee wrapper  
#2 Posted : 14 January 2016 09:25:56(UTC)
toffee wrapper

Tinkerbel7. Congratulations. I am pleased for you. Discuss: To give a critical account of the points involved in a topic. You’re expected to put both sides of a case or an issue in your answer and to make some evaluative comment about the factors you’re discussing. hope this helps
Tinkerbel7  
#3 Posted : 02 February 2016 12:54:59(UTC)
Tinkerbel7

I passed!
toe  
#4 Posted : 03 February 2016 21:27:32(UTC)
toe

Well done Tinkerbel
toffee wrapper  
#5 Posted : 04 February 2016 07:28:16(UTC)
toffee wrapper

Well done. I bet you're relived. Next the audit and the peer interview. Nearly there.....
Angela1973  
#6 Posted : 05 February 2016 08:19:11(UTC)
Angela1973

Congratulations on passing. Not as bad as you think is it. You will soon be on your way to your PRI. That is also not as bad as you may think. Get a good presentation, stick to 10 minutes and make it all about YOU. Say 'I' not 'we' as it's all about you, and remember they are there to help you through the process, so relax as much as you can and enjoy the experience. I know they made me feel completely relaxed and if they don't think they have got the full answer from you, they will prompt you with extra questions. They want you to do well, and they want you to succeed. It's a really good experience, one I really enjoyed. Good luck in the next stage!
wbpcsp  
#7 Posted : 08 February 2016 13:04:35(UTC)
wbpcsp

Congrats to all that have passed! What is the passing score? I received a 75% on part A, and know that Part B is separate. One of my essays has been marked, a 40/50 and says "passed." So is there a passing score for each individual Part B question? Or is there a cumulative score for Part B? If so, what is it? Not a lot of info out there. Thanks!
Ramil  
#8 Posted : 31 May 2016 14:58:17(UTC)
Ramil

Hi all. Can you please advise where can I get materials to be prepared for part A open assessment?
Tinkerbel7  
#9 Posted : 06 June 2016 09:35:52(UTC)
Tinkerbel7

You should be able to find all you need under 'My IOSH' and IPD section. They don't give much away, you just need to have good general knowledge of health and safety matters, maybe look through some old text books/study material you have from past competencies? Good luck, I am sure you will be fine :)
Aleksandra  
#10 Posted : 06 March 2020 15:37:47(UTC)
Aleksandra

Can anybody advise if I need a separate registration for open assessment or it appears on completion of a dummy test? Just to be clear - I need to do both SDP & EOA and completed the first part.

Thanks

Alex

LeslieDove18  
#11 Posted : 27 May 2020 07:16:03(UTC)
LeslieDove18

Originally Posted by: Aleksandra Go to Quoted Post

Can anybody advise if I need a separate registration for open assessment or it appears on completion of a dummy test? Just to be clear - I need to do both SDP & EOA and completed the first part.

Thanks

Alex

Hi! after going through the comments I saw that this post was old but I still hope that someone could help us and give us some advice. I really do. I will wait for another user to pop up and make a new comment to this thread. I will be playing brawl stars or maybe mobile legends while waiting for answers. Maybe I'll try to do some research too and get back when I do to give some help. Anyway, Have a good day!