Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
maryam_haider  
#1 Posted : 18 July 2020 13:23:01(UTC)
maryam_haider

Hi

This is a slightly different post and im hoping with the collective experience on this forum i can find some useful information. I am an engineer with over 12 years of experience working in O&G industry from field engineering all the way to management. I have in the past couple of years switched to HSE, my previous experience had direct HSE responsablities so it wasnt something new to me. I have a NEBOSH Gen certificate.

I am seriously considering moving to Canada where my family is, the situation with Covid has made me realise that I want to be nearer them. I cant seem to find direcnt information weather they accept NEBOSH there. All I can find is that I would have to do a two year diploma, which seems too much for my experience ie starting from scratch and I am reluctant to do that at this age!

Has anyone made this move from the UK or knows someone who has and can please put me in contact with them. Any and all information accepted gratefully.

Thanks

peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 18 July 2020 13:42:30(UTC)
peter gotch

Hi Maryam

One of the regular visitors to these Forums is Argyll who works in Canada. I don't know how many IOSH members live and work in North America, but it's not many, and fewer who are registered on these Forums.

If you do a search for postings by Argyll, you might find some helpful information.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, I think it would probably be prudent to apply for IOSH membership which must count for something with at least some employers in Canada. Cheap at the price when considering the cost of emigration!

thanks 1 user thanked peter gotch for this useful post.
maryam_haider on 18/07/2020(UTC)
Argyll  
#3 Posted : 18 July 2020 18:07:48(UTC)
Argyll

Maryam,

You have a message awaiting you...

Regards,

Argyll

rockybalboa  
#4 Posted : 26 February 2022 15:54:53(UTC)
rockybalboa

Hi I know this is an old post but I made the move from UK to Canada.  I presently work in health and safety in Canada.  If you have any questions I can try and help.   Understandable if youve already made work location changes as this is an old post Im commenting on.

thanks 4 users thanked rockybalboa for this useful post.
peter gotch on 27/02/2022(UTC), maryam_haider on 14/03/2022(UTC), eagle79 on 15/06/2022(UTC), SteveForrest on 12/10/2022(UTC)
KENNETH ACHA  
#5 Posted : 13 March 2022 16:46:46(UTC)
KENNETH ACHA

AM INTERESTED IN SECURING A JOB IN CANADA. I PRESENTLY WORK IN QATAR .I HAVE  NVQ LEVEL 6 DIPLOMA IN HALTH AND SAFETY PRACTICE ,PROQUAL .I HAVE 10 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN HEALTH AND SAFETY. ,Y CONTACT ADRESS ,tikumkenneth@yahoo.com