Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Argyll  
#1 Posted : 09 August 2020 21:58:04(UTC)
Argyll

Greetings all from across the big pond,

Since you will all be much more familiar than me with the officially assigned academic qualification levels in the UK and which meet the educational prerequisites for CMIOSH, may I trouble someone(s) to confirm if I have my facts straight?  I believe that the following qualifications are accepted by IOSH as meeting the above prerequisite:  

NEBOSH National or International Diploma = Level 6 (RQF)

Diploma - National Vocational Framework (NVQ) Diploma (sorry if I have this part wrong) = Level 5 (RQF) or Level 10 (SCQF)

OHS-related bachelor's, post-graduate diploma, MSc, or cognate degree (with some OH&S content) 

I stand forever in your debt if you can illuminate the above for me.

On an unrelated note .. "Go Judd Trump"!   : O)

Most respectfully,  

Argyll

Across the pond   

peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 10 August 2020 12:25:33(UTC)
peter gotch

Argyll

It's all about aligning with the same level on the European Qualifications Framework.

If you PM me with your email address I can send you the relevant IOSH document which is difficult to locate on the IOSH website and a bit more.

P

HSSnail  
#3 Posted : 10 August 2020 12:46:41(UTC)
HSSnail

Originally Posted by: peter gotch Go to Quoted Post

Argyll

It's all about aligning with the same level on the European Qualifications Framework.

If you PM me with your email address I can send you the relevant IOSH document which is difficult to locate on the IOSH website and a bit more.

Peter,

Can you PM the Link for me as well please. I was trying to find it for a friend but with the grade review I thought they had removed it.

Thanks.

HSSnail  
#4 Posted : 11 August 2020 08:35:32(UTC)
HSSnail

Originally Posted by: peter gotch Go to Quoted Post

Argyll

Thanks for the PM - tried to reply but the system had a freak out - will try again later.