Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andy111s  
#1 Posted : 16 September 2020 12:34:20(UTC)
Andy111s

I passed the General Certificate 12 years ago and have been employed in maintenance/engineering roles during this time. Approx 1 year ago i moved to a safety role and I now intend to do the Diploma.

Is it recomeneded to re-do the certificate again before the Diploma? If not how long is a accepatble gap?

thanks

Andy

Wailes900134  
#2 Posted : 16 September 2020 12:45:27(UTC)
Wailes900134

Whilst I can see the sense in revisiting your notes, and having a look at an up to date syllabus to see what (if much has changed) I wouldn’t think The extra expense and time would necessarily be your best investment.
peter gotch  
#3 Posted : 16 September 2020 14:45:56(UTC)
peter gotch

Andy

Have you considered alternatives to the Diploma? With your substantial experience you might find that it is quicker, easier and more cost effective to do e.g. a Level 6 NVQ.