Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Trev B  
#1 Posted : 17 November 2020 15:04:26(UTC)
Trev B

Hi all,

I'm looking for assistance and advice from the experienced experts on here - i start a new role in the new year at the new company and will be full charge of the OH&S and SHEQ strategy and the developmment action plan .scratch In particular I am looking for advise on developing a SHEQ / OH&S strategy and action plan – this is an area that my current company did not embrace and don't really do in a structured way but is part of my new role and an area I wish to develop as I take on my new job.

Also would be keen to get some mentroing support from a IOSH member CMIOSH etc in teh south wales or Bristol areas to help me develop please let me know if you would be interested? thoughts ideas and advice really appreciated :) T

peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 17 November 2020 16:59:33(UTC)
peter gotch

Hi Trev

Assuming that you are an IOSH Member I suggest you 

1. Contact the Branch Education Officers at your nearby IOSH Branches

2. Consider signing up for the IOSH Mentoring scheme - whether this works well in practice, I don't know.

However, I also think that before you plan too much you should get to know your new company and how it works.

As example, do they have or want ISO 45001 as, if so, that may influence your choices as to policy and strategy, at least in part.

Otherwise you might think along the POPIMAR route set out in HSG65 (free download from HSE website).

Good luck, Peter

Wailes900134  
#3 Posted : 18 November 2020 22:24:45(UTC)
Wailes900134

Hi Trev, I'm in Bristol&West branch and have experience in your specific area of need. Happy to have a chat on Friday if you pm me your details.
thanks 1 user thanked Wailes900134 for this useful post.
peter gotch on 19/11/2020(UTC)