Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
markeland  
#1 Posted : 04 January 2021 10:37:35(UTC)
markeland

Hi all, has anyone completed the IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management? If so, I'd be interested to hear their experiences.

I've heard it's quite difficult. Do you think it's essential to complete the foundation level qualification first?

I've also heard that the study material provided by course providers is often not sufficient information to pass.

Wailes900134  
#2 Posted : 04 January 2021 21:50:02(UTC)
Wailes900134

I did mine a while back and as having had E as a later addition to my portfolio I felt it a helpful qualification. I decided to go that route as it was their core subject rather than a commercially driven addition as perhaps a NEBOSH Env was. The course notes and reading list were adequate and I wasn't concerned that I wouldn't have the breadth of the syllabus. I didn't feel a need to do further pre work to entry and this worked out ok.