Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pseudonym  
#1 Posted : 02 January 2024 10:52:07(UTC)
pseudonym

I've been tasked with researching suitable environmental training for a mostly science graduate employee profile. I have experience of the IEMA Foundation Certificate training, but would be interested to hear others experiences of this and their IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for the Workforce / Managers training courses.  Are the two Sustainability Skills courses any good?

Kate  
#2 Posted : 02 January 2024 19:40:36(UTC)
Kate

I've also done the IEMA Foundation Certificate.  I did it by distance learning.  It was pretty dull studying in this way and I'm sure other delivery methods would be better at engaging the students.  In my opinion it gives a pretty good grounding in sustainability issues without being very taxing for science graduates.

thanks 1 user thanked Kate for this useful post.
pseudonym on 04/01/2024(UTC)
peter gotch  
#3 Posted : 03 January 2024 19:26:31(UTC)
peter gotch

Happy New Year, pseudonym.

Don't have any opinions on your question.

However, if you have any people who are environmental professionals my inclination would be to ask them what THEY think would be suitable for OTHER disciplines.

pseudonym  
#4 Posted : 04 January 2024 08:20:50(UTC)
pseudonym

Unfortuantely, Peter that would be me - having the H&S and Environmental hat in this organisation

thanks 1 user thanked pseudonym for this useful post.
peter gotch on 04/01/2024(UTC)