Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SHEQ365  
#1 Posted : 12 March 2024 13:20:47(UTC)
SHEQ365

Dear All,

I am currently providing SHEQ back office duties for a North West HVAC Commissioning company, who are qualified members of many industry bodies, such as Constructionline, CHAS, Avetta etc.

There has been a recent demand for higher qualifications on several of these industry bodies, particualrly Avetta.

They are now requesting that the H&S Professional should be an IOSH Member (above Affiliate Member), such as TechIOSH, CertIOSH or Chartered IOSH (CMIOSH).

I have started my journey by becoming an Affiliate Member and going through the process of completing My Blueprint evidence for my CPD Plan.

Unfortunately, that is going to take 6-9 months to complete and the deadline for Avetta is before the end of March 2024.

We are looking for some advice on the availbility and cost of a suitable H&S Consultant, who can provide his or her professional qualification certificates and IOSH Membership status for a period of 12-months to be added to the company's PQQ forms.

A punctual response would be greatly apprecicited by my Client.

Regards,

Dave.

IOSH Member No. 244754

Roundtuit  
#2 Posted : 12 March 2024 14:19:20(UTC)
Roundtuit

The delights of Safety Schemes in Procurement and their unrealistic demands in order to charge more money.

The UK regulations do not specify any of these membership tiers and regardless of the schemers thinking it does not necessarily make them any more competent for the task.

Who does the company bank with? Several have samll business advisories that include CMIOSH staff

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
peter gotch on 14/03/2024(UTC), peter gotch on 14/03/2024(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 12 March 2024 14:19:20(UTC)
Roundtuit

The delights of Safety Schemes in Procurement and their unrealistic demands in order to charge more money.

The UK regulations do not specify any of these membership tiers and regardless of the schemers thinking it does not necessarily make them any more competent for the task.

Who does the company bank with? Several have samll business advisories that include CMIOSH staff

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
peter gotch on 14/03/2024(UTC), peter gotch on 14/03/2024(UTC)
firesafety101  
#4 Posted : 14 March 2024 11:26:00(UTC)
firesafety101

You may find that businnesses comply with requirements of these Competence checks in fear of not being given the work.  They want their H&S people to comply to enable them to leave everything H&S to them.

thanks 1 user thanked firesafety101 for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 14/03/2024(UTC)