Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ballyclover  
#1 Posted : 24 March 2015 17:45:31(UTC)
ballyclover

Hi. hope someone can offer a little advice. Unit 4 is all to do with training etc. The problem I have is that while I do, do one to one training I don't undertake any class type training presentations. As the company is only small and much easier to do one to one. Would it be ok to write about what I would do if I was to give this type of training, class room. I also obviously cannot provide information on how I would evaluate this type of training or provided assessments, questionaires Thank you
Gav81  
#2 Posted : 24 March 2015 18:24:07(UTC)
Gav81

Hi Are you sure this is unit 4? Unit 4 is primarily about inspection, risk assessment and control measures, the only one reference I can see to training is in 3.8 ensure provision of training for those that require competences to implement risk control measures. I don't see this unit as being all to do with training, please clarify?
ballyclover  
#3 Posted : 24 March 2015 18:43:55(UTC)
ballyclover

Yep sorry, my fault. Its Unit 2. I've got unit 4 on my mind today for some reason
efc1981  
#4 Posted : 24 March 2015 19:26:42(UTC)
efc1981

Ballyclover - Which question is it you are struggling with? I have just completed my NVQ so I am sure I can help you out but need you to be specific with which question. I just went through unit 2 and it is not related to training : Unit Title: 2 (C&G 601) Develop and implement the health and safety policy
ballyclover  
#5 Posted : 24 March 2015 20:12:09(UTC)
ballyclover

Right, very sorry for misleading people on here today. I was right in the first place. it is unit 4 502. The question i am refering to is this (3.5) Explain the principles of: • training course design and delivery • the advantages and disadvantages of different methods of presentation • course evaluation and validation • preparing, delivering and marking tests and assignments • effective written and verbal communication
Tessie  
#6 Posted : 25 March 2015 09:24:08(UTC)
Tessie

I may have information for you - have PM'd you.
Gav81  
#7 Posted : 27 March 2015 13:11:01(UTC)
Gav81

Apologies when I did it with BSC, it was numbered differently. I have 502 as unit 3. I provided the following evidence. For this unit I put together some questions following training I had provided, this way I could evaluate if the information I supplied during the training was understood by the learner. I also explained different approaches of teaching and learning - which I back up with some info from the internet on VAK (Visual, audio and kinetic) learning styles - in a nutshell some learners task in more info from pic's powerpoints, some take in more being told something and some prefer being physically shown something. I then put together a training feedback form, so you can understand how your training could be improved or any areas that you were particularly good at etc. Hope this helps, if you need any more info PM me.
ballyclover  
#8 Posted : 27 March 2015 14:20:55(UTC)
ballyclover

Thank you Gav That's what I have done, just rephrased the answer Thank you
julesstevens  
#9 Posted : 09 May 2017 15:48:09(UTC)
julesstevens

Hi,

I know this was 2 years ago but does anyone have information on this question please?

Regards,

Jules

Edited by user 09 May 2017 15:48:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified