Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pradeesh  
#1 Posted : 24 June 2015 15:14:06(UTC)
pradeesh

Which one is preferred

BSC International Diploma or Nebosh International Diploma, I can see the advantage of BSC International Diploma is on demand exams when compare to Nebosh Exam dates which is fixed. BSC diploma needs two written papers and 2 assignments where in Nebosh Diploma its 3 written papers and 1 assignment.

now my confusion, do both have the same value in the eye of employers and professionals..

hope to see some inputs
Brian George  
#2 Posted : 25 June 2015 22:02:56(UTC)
Brian George

NEBOSH qualifications have become a benchmark. My opinion is to go ahead with NEBOSH IDip, though it might seem hard to get through, it's wort it.
Phillip Clarke  
#3 Posted : 30 June 2015 20:19:01(UTC)
Phillip Clarke

In terms of academic rigour they are both the same and both get you Graduate level membership of IOSH.

To me the ultimate aim is to eventually achieve CMIOSH so the route one takes is there a difference either? I took the NVQ route. Most job ads ask for 'NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent' so does it matter?
lumusislight  
#4 Posted : 06 February 2020 10:47:20(UTC)
lumusislight

I also found an article on HSEWatch: Which is the highest occupational health and safety certificate in the world by Ubong Edet, Health and Safety professional and author at HSEWatch. NEBOSH Diploma is the most recognized and generally accepted and required by employers, as far as I know.

lumusislight  
#5 Posted : 06 February 2020 10:50:53(UTC)
lumusislight

Originally Posted by: lumusislight Go to Quoted Post

I also found an article on HSEWatch: Which is the highest occupational health and safety certificate in the world by Ubong Edet, Health and Safety professional edtor, volunteer essay writer and author at HSEWatch. NEBOSH Diploma is the most recognized and generally accepted and required by employers, as far as I know.

Is there a compare and contrast table of BSC International Diploma (Level 6), Nebosh International Diploma (Level 6) and M.Sc in occupational safety and health (Level 7)?

thanks 1 user thanked lumusislight for this useful post.
martin paul jones on 09/02/2020(UTC)
bingeswoosh  
#6 Posted : 10 March 2020 13:57:09(UTC)
bingeswoosh

Originally Posted by: pradeesh Go to Quoted Post
Which one is preferred

BSC International Diploma or Nebosh International Diploma, I can see the advantage of BSC International Diploma is on demand exams when compare to Nebosh Exam dates which is fixed. BSC diploma needs two written papers and 2 assignments where in Nebosh Diploma its 3 written papers and 1 assignment.
Now my confusion, do both have the same value in the eye of employers and professionals..

hope to see some inputs

Most job ads ask for 'NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent' so does it matter?

Download happy wheels 3D.

thanks 1 user thanked bingeswoosh for this useful post.
webstar on 10/03/2020(UTC)
Steo  
#7 Posted : 29 March 2020 11:52:38(UTC)
Steo

Hi, I'm still debating whether or not to study for my NEBOSH diploma. Does anybody have any old study books I could purchase to get a feel for the depth of knowledge required. Thanks
peter gotch  
#8 Posted : 29 March 2020 14:41:00(UTC)
peter gotch

Not sure that I would see some opinion on HSEWatch as being particularly authoritative.

Never heard of this before and at a quick glance at its website, it looks like someone's personal baby. Nothing wrong with an HSE professional having their own site, but it does indicate that whatever is opined might not carry much weight.

The European Qualifications Framework assigns Levels. Any qualification at the same Level would be of similar value.

Roundtuit  
#9 Posted : 29 March 2020 21:32:26(UTC)
Roundtuit

Any web site / organisation who fails to supply a physical postal address (typically their registered business address) is IMHO one to be avoided.

Nothing wrong with personal opinion as that is what this web site is all about - just be wary of taking any individuals comment as being wholly factual and accurate.

Lumisusislight I have no problem with Ubong Edet being described as the author could you provide any steer as to how you have described them as a H&S Professional? There is no biography listed on the web site.

Roundtuit  
#10 Posted : 29 March 2020 21:32:26(UTC)
Roundtuit

Any web site / organisation who fails to supply a physical postal address (typically their registered business address) is IMHO one to be avoided.

Nothing wrong with personal opinion as that is what this web site is all about - just be wary of taking any individuals comment as being wholly factual and accurate.

Lumisusislight I have no problem with Ubong Edet being described as the author could you provide any steer as to how you have described them as a H&S Professional? There is no biography listed on the web site.

edward1985  
#11 Posted : 30 May 2020 10:01:22(UTC)
edward1985

For me it is boils down to NEBOSH selling the its brand all over the world. Especially in the middle East. I don't see much difference between the NEBOSH and BSC Diploma. I have both. many of my friends said its easy to pass BSC than NEBOSH, a fat lie! People go with that mentality to the exams and they fail woefully. I don't care what qualifications you have if you cannot exhibit practical knowledge and positive changes in the workplace it boils down to a piece of paper.

There are many with NEBOSH IGC with the competence and experience far above some CMIOSH.