Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mark James  
#1 Posted : 20 September 2016 10:39:26(UTC)
Mark James

Good Morning All,

Just following on from our last thread, our event last week was very successful and from the feedback we got from people who attended was very positive..

The commnets were generally saying how informative the event was and how now they feel more confident in going through the PRI process. We had a comment saying and i quote "the best event ever attended".

As promised, for those of you that could not attend we said we would record the event in every way possible so you could either watch or listen to it, well you will see 2 links below for you to access.

The 1st is a link to our YouTube Chanel where we have uploaded the whole event (the sound quality is not the best on these videos)

https://www.youtube.com/...UCfjEJ06KBRVFybSU7jHVA5w

The 2nd is a link to the seperate audio feed we recorded.

https://soundcloud.com/u...e-branch-audio-recording

I hope you find these media streams useful, we welcome any questions you may have in relation to this...

We are currently in the process of uploading some of the photographs taken on the night which will be posted on our Events page:

http://www.iosh.co.uk/Me...vents/Event-Gallery.aspx

Kind Regards

Mark James - CMIOSH

Vice-Chair & Communications Co-ordinator

Staffordshire Branch

www.iosh.co.uk/staffordshirebranch
thanks 3 users thanked Mark James for this useful post.
Clark34486 on 22/09/2016(UTC), Nicola Kemmery on 23/09/2016(UTC), Azza on 26/10/2016(UTC)
Clark34486  
#2 Posted : 22 September 2016 10:16:41(UTC)
Clark34486

this is fantastic, thank you very much indeed
thanks 1 user thanked Clark34486 for this useful post.
Mark James on 23/09/2016(UTC)
Snwdrp84  
#3 Posted : 22 September 2016 11:03:24(UTC)
Snwdrp84

A brilliant and informative way to help potential CMIOSH members prior to the Peer Review. Thank you to all involved!
thanks 1 user thanked Snwdrp84 for this useful post.
Mark James on 23/09/2016(UTC)
Mark James  
#4 Posted : 23 September 2016 08:58:53(UTC)
Mark James

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to spread the word of our next Event, which is:

- Crash Course, Safer Roads - Staffordshire Police, 20th October 2016.

Due to the excellent growth of the Staffordshire Branch we have had to move to a bigger venue:

Tillington Hall - Great Western Hotel,

The Garden Suite,

Eccleshall Rd,

Stafford,

ST16 1JJ

I do hope you will be able to join us at this event, as this one is an event not to be missed also...

More details of this event can be found on our events page, just follow the link below and click "Search events for this branch" which you will find on the right-handside of the page.

I would just like to thank everyone for your support, it is you guys that make the Staffordshire Branch successful.

Kind Regards

Mark

Vice Chair & Communications Co-ordinator

Staffordshire Branch
chris42  
#5 Posted : 04 October 2016 16:07:24(UTC)
chris42

Well done Mark for that, it must have been so difficult to deliberately answer the questions incorrectly. I would have been struggling not to chortle while doing that. So I will look out for you in the credits of the next Bond movie.

Is that really the level of questions in order to become chartered? Wow, not what I expected

Again, Thanks Mark

Chris
Bigmac1  
#6 Posted : 07 October 2016 20:17:57(UTC)
Bigmac1

Mark, brilliant piece of work.

As for Crash course I have used them at work for the drivers and apprentices over 200 of them, it is absolutely brilliant and you should get a full house for this

chris42  
#7 Posted : 18 October 2016 15:55:07(UTC)
chris42

Is that really the level of the questions ?

I'm struggling to work out how people fail as they must have had exposure in a work environment by that point that those questions would be second nature, despite any nerves.

Chris
buzzz  
#8 Posted : 10 November 2016 18:17:37(UTC)
buzzz

I can't seem to work the second audio link, it says there isi a network problem which is odd as I can view the first (sound limited) you tube links no problem, but you're right the sound is quite poor so i'm struggling to hear and not particularly bothered about seeing anything.

Has anyone else had any problems with the second audio links?

Hazzard41579  
#9 Posted : 11 November 2016 10:51:54(UTC)
Hazzard41579

Mark

This really is excellent preparation material for anyone about to undergo the peer interview.

Well done and thanks

Shopland23872  
#10 Posted : 14 November 2016 13:18:50(UTC)
Shopland23872

I watched all of the videos and also listened to the audio stream. I have to say that after this my impression of what to expect has completely changed. I had previously imagined that it would be likened to an appearance in magistrates court (I have not made one of those appearances just for the record, but I am aware that there are 3 people on the bench with very stern faces).

The panel chair was a really nice, pleasant bloke who was very helpful in his delivery of questions, he came across as very down to earth and willing to help as opposed to firing questions at the candidate. As stated by the chair, every panel has to act in the same way as the panel on the mock review and I would imagine that this will put alot of candidates minds at rest. The panel gave the candidate lots of chances to add additional information to aid his success, which could never lead to an appeal if someone was unfortunate enough to fail at this stage, as lots of help was given to the candidate.

His reference to the fact that "you are already good enough because you have got to this stage" certainly dispells the impression of going up in front of the headmaster at school, and confirms that all panel members are showing repect to the candidate for getting to the interview stage and infact want the candidate to pass and be granted CMIOSH.

What an excellent idea this was. Also credit to the mock candidate for deliberately getting the answers wrong without laughing, he should be granted an Equity Card and an Oscar nomination at least.

tarntaximan  
#11 Posted : 07 January 2017 09:53:29(UTC)
tarntaximan

Hi 

I am about to sit my PRI next week and after listening to the mock interview it put my mind at rest as to what was expected from me. If I could make a point here it is that it would be a good idea for IOSH to produce something similar that comes as part of the guidance pack we get prior to our interviews as I would imagine a lot of candidates have the same unsurity as to what is expected of them in the interview. Once again thank you all for the presentation. 

Keith

Mark James  
#12 Posted : 30 April 2017 22:14:58(UTC)
Mark James

Hi Tarntaximan,

Sorry for not asking sooner (been a real busy year so far), but how did you get on at your PRI?

Regards

Mark...

Chair - Staffordshire Branch

NB: For anyone who is currently going through the PRI process please feel free to contact me or come along to one of our events ( we support all IOSH Members in their route to Chartered Membership).

chair-staffordshire@ioshnetworks.co.uk

Originally Posted by: tarntaximan Go to Quoted Post

Hi 

I am about to sit my PRI next week and after listening to the mock interview it put my mind at rest as to what was expected from me. If I could make a point here it is that it would be a good idea for IOSH to produce something similar that comes as part of the guidance pack we get prior to our interviews as I would imagine a lot of candidates have the same unsurity as to what is expected of them in the interview. Once again thank you all for the presentation. 

Keith