Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rob26  
#1 Posted : 27 February 2017 21:30:37(UTC)
Rob26

Hi All, i have started the new NVQ level 5 and i am needing a study budy! Is anyone else on the course that would like to join in.

Waz  
#2 Posted : 03 March 2017 14:30:29(UTC)
Waz

Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters

This shouldn't be too complex an issue.  Look at what you are to achieve e.g. the learning outcomes. 

In this instance Organisational Chart (identifying HSE line too) will be evidence and the roles and responsibilities of each of the HSE roles within that organisation (including that of the 'board champion').  Then you have to look at the skills matrix for each of the roles, what are they required (either by company and/or legal) to know; determine what you believe competency is (at all levels of the organsiation).

I shan't provide anymore info on this element, but I am a NVQ Assessor for L3 and L5.  I would suggest if you are struggling with any aspect, you should consider speaking with your assessor, who can perhaps guide you a little further?

Good luck.

Martinlilo  
#3 Posted : 23 April 2017 10:44:49(UTC)
Martinlilo

Hi Rob,

I'm glad you feel that you need a study buddy too. I am a few modules in but would be more than willing to team up, for motivation if nothing else!

Many thanks

Martin

SafeStickman  
#4 Posted : 27 April 2017 08:47:28(UTC)
SafeStickman

Hello Rob,

Have a look at the study group on this likn.  I've found it very useful for my NVQ L5 http://hsestudygroup.proboards.com/

toonut  
#5 Posted : 03 May 2017 11:31:55(UTC)
toonut

Hi Rob,

yeo just starting mine too mate so happy to buddy up

regards,

Richie 

laura.graure  
#6 Posted : 12 June 2017 10:28:56(UTC)
laura.graure

Hi

I 've just started my NVQ too and I would like to join your little study group.

Many thanks

Laura

GHughes1980  
#7 Posted : 24 August 2017 14:48:16(UTC)
GHughes1980

Hi All

I am doing my NVQ level 5 also is this study group still active I would like to join. It would be great to have somebody to bounce ideas off. I am doing mine through e-learning which I am finding quite challenging.

Marcin  
#8 Posted : 24 August 2017 21:51:45(UTC)
Marcin

Hi guys. I also started the NVQ a bit ago and i feel that it would be great to have somebody to discuss the ideas. ​​​​​​​Regards

Marcin

ColinS65  
#9 Posted : 25 August 2017 14:19:26(UTC)
ColinS65

Hi all those doing the level 5. 

I completed my level 5 in June and have just had the all clear from my assessment tutor and City & Guilds.

I found the 12 modules very interesting and have learnt so much by doing this course in the 6 months.

I hope you enjoy it as I did.

Good Luck

Edited by user 25 August 2017 14:43:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jo64  
#10 Posted : 12 September 2017 21:19:43(UTC)
Jo64

Hi all I am looking at course providers for the NVQ level 5 diploma. Any recommendations ? Also how hard does anyone find the course? I have just passed my Nebosh General so I'm hoping it's not much harder. I have decided to study the NVQ rather than the Nebosh as I wanted it to be more practical for work. Thanks
ColinS65  
#11 Posted : 14 September 2017 16:07:35(UTC)
ColinS65

Hi, I used Business Safety Systems based in Stafford for my Level 5.

They were very good.

I have found the certificate a bit slow getting back to me and still waiting, apparently thats down to City & Guilds.

I started my mine in November 2016 and finished this June.

Having also completed the Nebosh back in 2004 the course work is so much different for the level 5.

I found it much more enjoyable (if thats possible) there are 12 modules and 12 story boards, the last module 611 takes slightly longer but to be honest incorporating this with your job is far easier than spending time away studying in the classroom, much cheaper too.

Some modules are taxing but just take your time and absorb all the information.

Good luck

Jo64  
#12 Posted : 14 September 2017 19:34:41(UTC)
Jo64

Thanks ColinS65 I had a complete turn around today after talking to my boss and decided on the Nebosh Diploma, now I don't know again lol but good to take on board everyone's opinion and advice before deciding, thanks again and well done getting through yours so quickly.
SNS  
#13 Posted : 15 September 2017 09:58:29(UTC)
SNS

Originally Posted by: Jo64 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks ColinS65 I had a complete turn around today after talking to my boss and decided on the Nebosh Diploma, now I don't know again lol but good to take on board everyone's opinion and advice before deciding, thanks again and well done getting through yours so quickly.

Before committing to the NEBOSH Dip, have you looked at the various NCRQ threads. It looks like a viable alternative. I did the Dip before the NCRQ came out, depending on your time availabiity and learning style it is a challenge.

Jo64  
#14 Posted : 15 September 2017 10:59:18(UTC)
Jo64

Thanks SNS, I can imagine it being challenging as I found the NGC challenging, although I did pass with credit.

I was hoping this would help with the diploma.  I am going to have to make up my mind soon,  but thanks I will look at the other alternative you have suggested.